Chapter Seven: History Lesson

The rest of my day continued as normally as possible, but I kept thinking of ways to get to Carson. She was so annoyingly cunning and I'm just not. But I know that has to be a way to get there, so way to find myself inside of Carson's head. The final screeched signalling that the day was over. I rushed out of the door along with the other kids wanting to secure my spot in the back. I rushed across the asphalt not even noticing the person of interest stopping me dead in my tracks. Sadly, I stopped just short of crushing her.

"Yes, Carson?"  I tapped my foot anxiously wanting to get to my bus.

"Well, my friends and I were going to have a sleepover and since your so buddy-buddy with Natalie, I guess your invited." And with that she stepped past me heading to the parking lot to her fancy BMW. I shook my head with disgust and rushed on the bus just as it was loading up to leave. I sighed in relief until I saw my back seat was occupied by someone else. I cursed Carson in my head as I took the front seat in the bus.

I plugged in my headphones and tried to resist putting my feet on the chair like I normally do. But it not 'allowed' but I still enjoyed doing it any way. I drifted off with the music until I was jerked awake by the bus. I piled off and ran to my house not even noticing the burning pains in my chest. I didn't even wave to my mother as I rushed up the stairs. I barely made it to the computer when Jamie started to call me.

"Whoa, what did I say about getting a makeover?" I rolled my eyes and stared at my wild hair on the screen.

"Whatever, it lasted for the hours it was supposed to last. " He shook his head and leaned on the chair.

"So, how did it go? Did you find your way into her circle yet."

"I found my way in but, I don't know how to get into Carson's head, she's a little smarter than she looks."

"Well, what does she do? Like clubs, activities,programs,etc.?" I shrugged because I really didn't know.

"Well, then that's your first order of business. You have to know what she likes to turn against her."

"But, I don't want to get to know her," I whined. "She's just so..." I was looking for a good word to describe her, but that just isn't the case with Carson.

"Look, just trust my advice and come back with info,okay?" I sighed and finally nodded in agreement.

"Well, they're throwing a slumber party of sorts and they invited me. Should I go?" Jamie didn't even reply, but just gave me that 'was that really a question' look.

"Call me after the party and by then you should have gotten somewhere." I waved good-bye to him and closed my laptop. Stress built in the side of my neck at the thought of even having to encounter Carson and friends outside of school. I shook my head and reached for the diary that brought me a little bit outside of my overly dramatic life...

**********************************************************************

10/23/1860

I can still feel my legs trembling as I write this out. I was scared out of mind of what just happened and what led up to it. Mistakes are said to be a person's biggest weakness, and it was certainly mine. It all began when I was getting ready to attend the Fall Ball at one of Daniel's comrades' house. I had picked out a beautiful satin green dress with plenty of pick-ups and a very small corset. I order my personal slave to string my corset on. As she yanked and pulled on the leather ties I could hear her singing that damned song all over again. I chose to ignore it and focus on remembering to breathe. Finally the torture ended and the slave woman, Beth, began to do my hair. She yanked the brush through my hair, still humming away her tune.

"Do you mind, Beth?" I said as I pulled the brush from her hands. I petted her hand and held on to it a little longer than I should have, but at the time it didn't matter to me. I stood up and she began to make her way to my wardrobe to fetch my dress.

"Wait!" She jerked back immediately and looked down at me.

"I forget to moisturize my skin this morning and it is feeling very dry.Do you mind having to put it on me?" I formed it as a question as a precaution.She nodded at me a got out my body oils and proceeded to rub it against my skin. I can't even express the shivering sensations crawling on my skin. I felt so dirty, so sin worthy that I should have been persecuted to Hell right then and there. But the act I committed next made those dirty feelings completely obsolete. As she slowed her motions I slowly inched my hand closer to hers, nerves racking my system. I gulped a deep breath and grabbed at her hands forcing her to look at me. Her dark eyes peered into mine, fear creeping through.

"Don't be afraid," I whispered to her as I stroked her cheek.She calmed slightly but keeping her wall up. I brought her closer to me practically seating her on my lap.

"I want to try something, Beth. Something that you mustn't ever tell anyone else, do you understand." She graced me with a yes mistress as I proceed closer to her face. I was only a centimeter away feeling the heat of her breath brush my face. And finally it happened...I was more shocked at myself than I have ever been in m entire life. The kiss was...magic. Her lips matched mine after a couple prodding motions. I curled my arms around her as the kiss deepened, never giving one another a moment of air. Our tongues soon became a part of the game thrashing around in our mouths looking for a chance for dominance. After a short while I began to feel uneasy with the lack of oxygen. And I finally broke out kiss. I panted and looked down at Beth who was utter surprised at what had just happened.

I ignored her shock and bestowed her face with little butterfly kisses. She smiled lightly and stared at me. We stayed in that bed for what seemed like hours and we were finally interrupted when my husband finally called to me to ask if I was ready. Well, all I can say is I rushed to get ready faster than I ever had before. Beth put my hair into and up-do to disguise the mess that was made out of it. She quickly put on and fixed my dress all the while letting her hands linger gingerly over my body. I was finally ready when I almost forgot.

"No  one must know." I said with the most amount of serious I have ever harbored. She nodded strongly and planted a quick kiss on me. I smiled attend the ball forty-five minutes late, but I didn't care. My world was changing before my eyes and I knew that the Lord wouldn't even be able to save me from the Hell that was about to ran down on my life. Give me strength.

-Genevieve

*****************************************************************************

 I just looked down at the book not even comprehending the words on the pages. I guess history was and is the best form of entertainment.

Well, first off Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone. I thought another chapter would make a cute little Christmas present to all of you fans and readers. Once again you baffle me with the amount of love you have for this one story, and I'm in awe. Thank You all so much and continue to look out for more updates for all my stories, and sadly some story cuts as well... :(

Happy Holidays,be safe & happy,

---Angel