I-Injured

Heyyyy! Hope your day is going great so far! Anyways here is my new chapter letter for today. Enjoy!⚠️Trigger Warnings Apply⚠️

Henry's POV

Today has been an awesome day. To start things off it's Friday so hello weekend,I got an A+ on my test today,I askedBianaca out tomorrow night and she said yes,my day couldn't have gone better.I was walking into Junk n'Stuff when Charlotte caught up to me.

Charlotte:Hey Henry!
Henry: Hey Char! What goes on?
Charlotte: well,I got a perfect score on my science project this morning!
Henry: awesome! Congrats Char!
Charlotte:Thanks,hey,where's Jasper? He usually meets us at the store together.
Henry: oh he's out of town.
Charlotte: doing what?
Henry: his mom made him go to puzzle con with her.
Charlotte: wow. I do not want his weekend.
Henry: yeah me either.
Charlotte:Well,let's get to the mancave. Ray probably has something weird to show us.
I couldn't help but laugh. But she's not wrong. It seems like every time we walk in Ray bought some sort of weird thing and has to show us every one of them. We walked into the elevator bracing ourselves for the big drop.
Soon enough the doors opened and we dragged ourselves out.
Ray: Hey guys! You have to come see this thing I bought!
Charlotte: Called it.
We walked over to see this really weird machine.
Henry: what is that?
Ray:A portable snow cone maker!
Charlotte: It doesn't look portable.
Henry: Yeah,it's kinda big to be portable.
Ray: well the guy at the store said it was portable.
Charlotte: where'd you buy it from?
Ray: Cool Gadgets.
Henry: Ray that place is know for scamming people with either fake or terrible products.
Charlotte: Yeah I think you got scammed.
Ray: Did not!
Henry: Whatever.
Just then the crime alert went off.
Charlotte: There's some guy robbing Fred Lobster and took hostages.
Ray: I think you know what to chew.Get it?
Henry: You would make a great dad one day.
Ray: What does that mean.
Henry: You've got the dad jokes.
Ray:I thought it was an awesome joke.
Charlotte:Did you get the words awesome and terrible mixed up?
Ray: You guys are mean!
I laughed at Ray for being childish.
Henry: Come on Ray let's hurry and free the hostages.
Ray: Fine but this isn't over.
Charlotte: I think it is.
Ray just gave her the side eye as he transformed. We rushed to the tubes.
Charlotte: Good luck!
Ray:Call it.
Henry: Up The Tube!
And with that we left having no idea what was coming my way.

*at Fred Lobster*

We rushed in to see at least 8 people tied up.
Ray: Stop right there!
Robber: I ain't afraid of you.
Henry: Well...you should be.
Ray: Really? You had to stop and think for that one?
Henry: Whatever!
Ray: Just freeze!
Robber: No!
Then he pulled out a gun. Now,you two are going to sit up against that wall while I tie you up.
Ray: never
Robber: then say goodbye to your sidekick.
He pulled the trigger but thanks to my hyper motility I dodged the bullet with ease.
Ray:Nice job.

Ray's POV

I knew that this guy was probably going to try to hurt Henry for a while but since Henry was used to dodging bullets(literally) I knew he would probably be okay for just a sec. I ran out the back way so I could pull a sneak attack on the robber while he was distracted.While I was running I could hear several gun shots but I could also hear Henry giving him a hard time after every try. I silently laughed knowing he probably learned to do that from me. I finally made it to the back hearing gunshot after gunshot. I made my way to the back door to see the guy still trying to shoot Henry.
Henry: Dude when will you catch on that I'm faster than your bullets?
Robber:Shut up!
I quietly crept up behind him but then I saw someone else creeping up behind Henry. Apparently he didn't see me which at least made things easier for me,but I started to worry. Henry had no idea that he was behind him. I knew if I shouted "look out" it would not only blow my cover but it would distract Henry leaving the robber a chance to kill Henry. I decided to just make my move.I jumped out and tackled the guy which probably wasn't the best idea since he had a gun but it was too late now.I wrestled him on the floor trying to keep an eye on the other guy but it was to hard. This robber was really putting up a fight.I finally was able to get him down and handcuffed him. I looked up to see Henry was trying to free hostages. I guess the other guy ran off because I don't see him anywhere. Once the guy was handcuffed I called the cops to take him to jail. I lasered him unconscious so I could help Henry free the hostages. All was well until I heard an ear piercing scream. I whirled around to see that guy earlier beating Henry up. I knew that it was probably a sneak attack because I know Henry can fight guys like these no problem. I ran over to help him but this guy was like huge and he just pushed me down. Well that was embarrassing. I got back up immediately but the guy just pushed me back down again. Oh come  on!Henry looked like he was in a lot of pain. I got back up and finally I was able to punch the guy. He immediately fell down and I tried handcuffing him but he just yanked them out of my hand and threw them across the room. You have got to be kidding me. The guy got up and went back to beating Henry to a bloody pulp. I ran over as fast as I could but all of a sudden the guy just picked Henry up,threw him across the room,went over to him,and kicked him in the side hard. Henry just lay there in pain. This guy just messed with the wrong person. As if anger were fueling me I just ran over,tackled the guy and beat him. Soon the guy had blacked out I got another set of handcuffs and handcuffed him. Then the cops showed up.
Cop 1: we are here!
They took away the men not even noticing that I was hovering over Henry trying to help him.
Ray: Kid! Are you okay?! Of course you're not okay that was a stupid question! This is all my fault!
Henry:Ray calm down.
He sounded so weak.
Ray: I can't!
Henry: just calm down and call Schwoz and tell him what happened.
At this point I knew he was right. Me panicking wasn't going to help.
I called Schwoz and told him what happened. He said to bring him to the man cave.
Ray: ok I'm going to have to pick you up and it'll hurt but only for a second.
Henry: ok.
I picked him up as gently as I could and he winced in pain.I felt so bad for him. Why did it take so long for me to take that guy down? I'm captain man! I set Henry down as gently as I could in the back of the man van and drove to the man cave as fast as I could.I hope he'll be ok.

*at the man cave*
Charlotte: shouldn't they be back by now?And why are you setting out medical equipment?
Schwoz: I forgot to tell you. Henry got hurt on the mission.
Charlotte: what?!
Schwoz: just grab that scanner and set it by the med bed while I get some other things.
Charlotte: kk

I came down the tubes and went under Henry's to catch him when he comes down.When I caught him I carried him to the med bed where Schwoz and a worried Charlotte were waiting for me.As Schwoz started scanning Henry I transformed back.
Schwoz : I have the results.
Ray and Charlotte: well?!
Schwoz: he has a minor concussion,a twisted ankle,and a cracked rib.
Ray:What do we tell his parents? We can't just walk up there and tell them " hey your son just got injured at my junk store today!"
Schwoz: True. What if we send Gerta as Henry to his house until Henry heals?
Ray: that's actually a good idea.
Schwoz:Gerta!
*timeskip*
I woke up about 3 in the morning to hear crying. I went to the guest bedroom and there I saw Henry crying.
Ray: Henry what's wrong?
Henry:My head feels like it just hit with a bowling ball and the cracked rib hurts just as bad. Plus my ankle is really sore.
My heart felt like it shattered after Henry finished telling me this.He never cries in pain unless he's REALLY hurting.
Ray: do you want a painkiller?
He nodded.I walked as fast as I could to get a painkiller then came back to find Henry clutching his side.I handed him the painkiller and a glass of water and he took it.
Henry: You don't have to do this you know.
Ray:Do what?
Henry: this. Getting up at 3 in the morning just to help me.
Ray: Kid,I had to watch you get beaten like that just because I couldn't take that guy down quick enough. It's my fault that you're in this position.
Henry: Ray,don't blame yourself.. it's not either of our faults.
I smiled.I don't deserve this kid.
Ray: Anything you need before I leave?
Henry: not right now.
Ray: okay just call me if you need anything.
Henry: thanks.
Ray: don't even mention it.
In two seconds Henry was out like a light. I smiled and went back to bed.
*the next morning*
Henry's POV
So my amazing day yesterday turned into this. I woke up in a lot of pain. I had a headache my rib hurt more than ever and my ankle doesn't hurt as much but still really sore. I tried pulling myself out of bed but my rib screamed no. A few minutes later Ray came in.
Ray: Morning sleepyhead.
Henry:Morning Ray.
I didn't have any enthusiasm in that.
Ray: Not a morning person huh?
Henry: No my rib just really hurts and I got a headache.
Ray: Would breakfast make it any better?
Henry: It might.
Ray: Whatcha want?
Henry: Pancakes and bacon please.
Ray: kk.
Then Ray left to go get everything from the autosnacker.

Ray's POV
I felt so bad for the kid. I knew he was probably really sore from yesterday. I walked up to the autosnacker and ordered his breakfast. I pulled the tray out with pancakes and bacon and realized that he's going to want something to drink. I just decided to get him orange juice. I walked back to the guest room and found Henry sound asleep. I gently shook him awake.
Ray: Henry,wake up.
Henry: huh? What's going on?
Ray: I got your breakfast.
Henry: oh thanks.
He tried to sit up but fell back down.
Ray:You okay?
Henry: My rib hurts too much to sit up.
Ray: Then how are you going to eat?
Henry: I don't know.
Ray:Try just slowly sitting up and don't put any pressure on that side.
He attempted to sit up again and this time made it but I could tell it still hurt pretty bad by the look on his face.We talked a little bit while he ate. Mostly about girls. Once he was finished I took the tray and brought it down to the main room.When I came back he was clutching his side.
Ray: is your rib still bothering you?
Henry: yeah a little bit.
Ray: Be honest.On a scale of 1 to 10 how much does it hurt?
He hesitated.
Henry: 10
Ray: Do you want another painkiller?
He hesitated again.
Henry: yeah.

*timeskip cuz this could go on forever*

Henry's POV
Well it's been three weeks and I'm completely healed. The first two nights were the worst. I was finally allowed to go home and my parents never figured out that the Henry with them wasn't me. That'll be something to laugh about.I'm just glad it's over now and that I had good friends to help me along the way. Especially Ray.

Wow another long one. Hope you liked it! By the way I was NOT shipping anyone in this story. Just some good friendships. Anyways see you tomorrow for my next chapter letter. Bye!