Chapter 1

I sighed as I laid back on the soft green grass at my house, looking up at the blue sky from between the branches of the tall oak tree towering over me. I saw Avril come up and lay beside me, hugging me from the side. Luke and Kat soon joined at our feet along with the others of our group. I sat up and looked at everyone, confused when I didn't see Jake with us. I sat up and looked around before spotting the familiar dark brown hair heading our way with drinks and his usual smile plastered on his face.

I smiled to myelf before laying back down, Jake joining me a few seconds later and placing a kiss on my cheek. I smiled and gave him a hug from the side, breathing in the all to familiar scent of Abercrombie and aftershave.

We laid there for awhile before my phone rang out, ruining the silence.

"Hello, Maddie! Sorry to interrupt your summer but we've scheduled a last minute meeting for all seniors tonight at 5:30 at the Middle School cafeteria and it would be amazing if you could make it." My principal, Mr. Styles said to me.

"Yeah, of course! I have a few others here with me so I'll let them know." I answered him.

"That would be great, thanks Maddie. See you tonight!" He said cheerily before hanging up.

The others looked at me with confused looks on their faces. 

"We have a meeting tonight for all seniors at 5:30. We might as well go." I sighed before pushing myself up off the grass and heading in my house to get ready.

The seniors that actualy decided to show up walked along with us and found the seats that had their names on them. Luckily for me and Jake, our last names always get us stuck beside each other. He guided us to our seats and we sat down, a guy named Alex taking his seat beside me. I sent him a quick smile before directing my attention to Mr. Styles walking on stage, greeting all of us with a warm smile.

"Hello seniors! Only a few more months before y'all are all out of here! Who all's excited?" He said into the microphone. Cheers erupted through out the audiene followed by screaming. He laughed into the microphone.

He opened his mouth to say something else when a gushot rang throughout the cafeteria. My eyes widened in panic when Mr. Styles' eyes slowly closed and he fell back on the stage.

Jake and I jumped out of our seats and darted up to the stage. Another gunshot rang out and I turned around to meet the panic filled eyes of Alex before he fell to the ground. I screamed as tears sprung to my eyes before I quickly grabbed Jake's hand and pulled him out of the cafeteria, running after the others to get to the doors and run out to get help, but soon figured out that they were bolted shut from the outside. Jake and I started running towards the other doors to check them when the ntercom turned back on. All of us grew silent to hear who was about to speak.

"Hello children! Sorry to interrupt your little party but someone had to. As you probably figured out by now, the doors are all bolted shut And don't even think about trying your cellphones because I turned off the cell signal. The only working phone is in the office, which is now bolted shut as well. Now, let this be a little game .Whoever makes it out alive in the end won't have such a painful death. My hopes are for it to be Miss Maddie Tucker, who is looking mighty fine today." A guy said wih a sickly tone to his voice.

I felt my stomach drop as he said this. I looked over at Jake who looked like he was about ready to punch someone. 

"Who the hell are you?!" He yelled at the camera behind us. A creepy laugh rang throughout the school, echoing down the hallways.

"Wouldn't you like to know?"