Exfoliating Honey Scrub - Skin

What is exfoliation?

Exfoliation is the process of removing dead skin cells from your skin, to make it look younger, feel softer and cleaner. Oily skin is acne prone, and another lovely thing exfoliation will do is scrub that flaky skin off around the spots. I suggest using this once a week.

Ingredients:

1. Honey (Opens your pores.)

2. OatmealGranulated sugar (Whichever one you have in your cupboard! This is going to be the scratcher that removes the bad stuff. Brown sugar also lightly moisturizes.)

3. Extra Virgin Olive Oil (calms irritated skin.)/ Jojoba oil 

4. Lemon Juice (Tightens pores.) or Apple Cider Vinegar (Balances pH levels of skin - Don't know what skin pH is? Read the Apple Cider Vinegar chapter!) 

Directions:

1. Mix honey (1 teaspoon), oil ( ½ teaspoon) and lemon juice (few drops.)/ Apple Cider Vinegar ( ½ teaspoon). If you're scared of the oil/ lemon juice. You can just mix the sugar/oat meal into the honey.

2. Add ½ to 1 teaspoon of sugar. This depends on how rough you want the scrub to be.

3. Mix gently

4. Very gently apply to skin, in circular motions for 30 – 60 seconds.

5. Wash off with water or since your pores have been opened by the honey this would be the perfect time to splash the scrub off with some awesome rose water.

 6. You want to crush the oatmeal a little first. Can be done by hand or machine. Just don't make it too fine. It needs to scratchy scratch!

Don't be afraid to make more and scrub your body too!