winwin - café

word count : 542

-

"order number seventy-one is ready! order number seventy-two is ready!" you looked up from your phone when you heard your order number being called out. you walked up to the counter and saw a lot of drinks on the counter.

"which one is mine?" you quietly spoke to yourself as you picked up some drinks, looking at the labels to figure out it which one was yours.

"can i have some carriers?" you turned your head and looked up to see a guy next to you. "oh, is one of these yours?" he asked pointing to the drinks. he held a drink in his hand and you noticed your order number on the drink's sticker label.

"uh, yea, the one you're holding is mine," you awkwardly said to him.

"is it?" he looked at the label of the drink in his hand, "oh! i'm sorry about that," he handed the drink to you.

"it's okay. that's a lot of drinks you have to carry," you said the obvious to him as he received carriers for the drinks he ordered.

"i have a lot of friends," he mentioned and started putting drinks in the carriers and in bags.

"well, good luck carrying them," you said to him and walked away with your drink. you walked out of the store while drinking your drink. you walked towards the crosswalk and waited for the lights to change.

more people appeared and the area became crowded as you waited. all of a sudden, someone bumped into you from behind, which made your drink slip out of hand. your drink fell to the ground and you stared at the split drink on the road.

"oh my gosh, i'm so sorry," you heard a familiar voice. you turned around and saw the guy who had gotten a lot of drinks. the lights at the street and the crosswalks changed so people started walking around you.

"it's okay, it was an accident," you said and picked up the empty plastic cup. you threw it away in a nearby trash can. "i'll just get a new one," you added.

"wait! take one of these. i think one of the guys got the same drink as you," the guy said and looked at the bags in his hands. he crouched to the ground and opened a bag. he grabbed a drink and a straw and held it up to you, "here."

"really? are you sure?" you asked him.

he nodded, "yea, just take it. my friend can deal with it."

you took the drink into your hands and the guy stood up with the bags of drinks in his hands.

"this is really sweet of you..." you paused, since you didn't know his name, "um, what's your name?"

"my friends call me winwin, but you can call me sicheng," he said.

"i'm y/n," you introduced yourself and both of you smiled. "i guess i should let you bring those to your friends," you said, looking at the drinks.

he shrugged his shoulders, "i think they could wait a second," he said. "you going anywhere?"

"not anymore," you smiled.

"then let's take the long route to my friends," he said and both of you started walking around the corner.