Friendzoned pt.3 - Joey

It has been a few days since the incident with Joey.

You haven't seen him since then but that doesn't mean he hasn't been on your mind, he is the only thing you can think about. The days have been all the same, wake up in the late afternoon, eat some junk food as breakfast, drinking way to much wine and binge watching your favorite series because they comfort you.

It's like your mind has given up so your body just does what it has to do to survive, eat and sleep but that's it.

They all have been asking you to come over, Monica tried it with food, Chandler with buying a copy of your favorite movie, Rachel asked you to go shopping, Ross told you that he got a miniature statue of the dinosaur you once told him you found very cute and Phoebe offered to give you a massage.

It's all so sweet but it doesn't change the fact that you ruined your friendship with Joey.

The only words that keep repeating themselves in your head are Joey's and the one's your mom used to tell you, 'Sometimes it's better to keep your feelings to yourself.' You can't say that she is the best at giving advice but she might be right on this one.

The doorbell ringing wakes you out of your thoughts, you wrap your blanket around you before standing up from the couch and walking over towards the door. You open it up and five familiar faces are staring at you, a smile forms itself on your face as a single tear rolls down your cheeks.

"If you don't come to us, then we come to you." Phoebe says before she walks past you and into your apartment.

They all pass you and are carrying things with them, your eyes are to tearfilled to focus on them and so you let some tears roll down your cheeks before you feel two arms wrapping themselves around you. Your nostrils fill up with a perfume you recognize immediately, it's Rachel.

"I missed you, honey." she whispers.

"I missed you too." you whisper back, voice breaking mid sentence because you're crying again.

She walks you back to the sitting area, they're all walking around the apartment, setting things up or they're sitting themselves down on the couches. You can only watch them and think about how amazing your friends are, you also think about how Joey's not here and that makes the smile on your face disappear.

"So.. We brought some things to cheer you up, we're staying here this whole afternoon and evening until we think you're cheered up enough." Phoebe breaks the silence that was hanging over the moment.

"I brought your favorite movie." Chandler says after he finishes putting the dvd in the dvd player, he sits himself down on the couch and sends you a smile.

"I brought cookies and just put some ice cream pints in the freezer." Monica says as she walks out of the kitchen, you look behind you and smile as you see her walking up to the couch you're sitting on. She leans down and plants a kiss on the top of your head before resting her hands on your shoulders as you look back infront of you.

"I brought some clothes for you, they're from the new collection." Rachel says, sounding very excited.

"I brought that miniature statue of that dinosaur you thought was cute, hope you like it." Ross says before placing the statue on the table infront of you. It looks very small and cute so you can't help but smile brightly as you take a look at it.

"I organized this whole thing and was going to bring you some stray cat that I found but it ran away from me." Phoebe says, she's seated next to you and frowns at her own words, you take a hold of her hand and smile at her.

For a minute, you don't find anything to say to them. You can't believe that they care about you this much..

"Thank you guys, I don't think I can thank you all enough for caring about me when I am going through some stuff and neglecting our friendship. I love you all." you finally find your words.

The rest of the afternoon is filled with laughter, eating and movie watching. It's just what you needed, it made you see how lucky you are with friends like them but it also made you see how much you miss Joey. You miss his friendship and wish you could just go back to before you confessed your feelings for him.

It's around one o'clock when they leave your apartment, you curl back up on the couch and take a big sip of your glass of wine. As you wrap your blanket some more around you, your eyes fall onto the phone that's placed on the coffee table next to the couch.

You want to call Joey, your heart is screaming to your brain to just do it but your brain is screaming back how it's night and he might be asleep.

After having a whole internal conflict, you end up with the phone in your hand. You type in his number and then place the horn next to your ear, you hear how it's going over and you wrap the wire that's attached to the horn around your finger as you wait for him to pick up.

"Hi Y/n."

You are startled as you hear how he immediately knows that it's you who's calling, you gather together all of the courage that's left in your body and take a deep breath.

"How did you know it was me?" you ask.

"Had a feeling.." Joey answers.

You can't help the smile from growing onto your face and your cheeks even start to blush, you find it rather embarrassing and are happy that it's a phone call so he can't see you right now.

"Still.. I'm happy it was actually you because imagine if it was some random person, would be awkward." Joey breaks the silence.

Some chuckles leave your lips and you can hear him chuckling aswell, it warms your heart. You have missed him like crazy, every little thing about him from his laugh, the sparkle in his eyes when he makes you laugh as he tells you a silly joke. His words are also still wandering through your mind and it makes you feel sad again, 'I see you as just a friend but I can try to love you as more..' Maybe this call wasn't that good of an idea..

"I was just calling to say goodnight." you say softly.

"Goodnight beautiful." Joey says.

You quickly hang up as tears form themselves in your eyes, love sucks...

----
Hi babies!

It's really fun to see how much you like this mini series, it's also been fun to write! Maybe I'll do a part four ;)

Also, what is your comfort show?
-> Mine's F•R•I•E•N•D•S, Brooklyn nine nine and New girl!

Also, what is your comfort show? -> Mine's F•R•I•E•N•D•S, Brooklyn nine nine and New girl!