"Come on, Ron, you were always saying how boring Scabbers was," sighs Fred, trying to be slightly comforting. "And he's been off-colour for ages, he was wasting away. It was probably better for him to snuff it quickly," he adds pointedly. "One swallow - he probably didn't feel a thing." Of course, he can't be nice to his younger brother for long.

George purses his lips to stop himself from laughing as Ron hangs his head with sadness, "He bit Goyle for us once!" He looks up at his best friend, "Remember, Harry?" The boy hums in acknowledgement, not even looking up from the book he was holding.

"Definitely, his finest hour," says Fred decisively, "Let the scar on Goyle's finger stand as a lasting tribute to his memory..." he puts his hands in front of him, bowing his head, "A minute of silence, to Ron's dead rat," Carina laughs loudly, but George nudges her gently so that she'll play along. Nodding solemnly, she closes her eyes and bows her head, as do the rest of them, including Harry.

"Shove off, Fred," grumbles Ron, picking up his bag from the floor. "Let's just go. Hermione's promised to put Scabbers back in his cage if she sees him..." He mumbles. They ignore him though, still remaining in silence, unmoving. "C'mon!" Whines the youngest Weasley boy, "Mum's made food!"

"Shut up about the bloody food!"

Laughter leaves Carina's lips as George steps on the accelerator of the Flying Car, "It's amazing!" She squeals, sticking her head out of the window, closing her eyes with pure glee. She's sitting on the passenger seat, the rest of the Weasleys and Harry, sitting in the back. Honest to Merlin, she can't remember the last time she ever felt this free... Maybe, never.

Fred took the spot directly behind Carina, and he can't help but watch in awe as she holds on to the car door, continuing to laugh, that harmonious laugh as the wind hits her black hair away from her face. Carina rests her arms against the window ledge, laying her head down on them. Without meaning to, Fred catches the smell coming from her hair: mixed berries and pomegranate. Delightful.

Suddenly, she turns around, and he swears he can feel his heart physically skip a beat. Thankfully, her eyes are still closed so she can't see him staring directly at her, like a kicked puppy. Now, he gets to see her face. She's beautiful, my Merlin... I'm screwed. He looks entranced by her rosy cheeks and pink, full lips. Blinking, he tries to bring himself to look away from her almost angelic face. But he can't.

As if that wasn't enough, her eyes flutter open slowly. Time ceases to exist. He gazes into her eyes. Evergreen, like a forest in spring, with a splash of yellow in the middle. This is the first time he's ever seen them from so close, and Fred can only wish he were closer. He can almost imagine the feeling of her skin against his fingertips, which tingle at the idea of reaching over and touching her. Just one caress.

Carina's breath hitches in her throat as she catches him, lips parted in surprise by the expression on his face. In any other instance, she would've made fun of him, but now? She can't even remember how to speak. Salazar, he's incredibly handsome. Carina knows Fred and George are identical twins with technically no differences but she's never seen George in this light. She doesn't want to. This moment is made to last forever, she's certain of that much. They can't tear their gazes away from each other, not even when they feel the car beginning to lower onto the ground.

"We're here," George says cheerfully. Carina lifts her head from her arms, but continues glancing straight into Fred's soul. "Nina?"

And, alas, it ends. The girl turns away, almost panting at the intensity of what had just occurred. She'd never felt this way after locking eyes with a boy. After doing anything with a boy, for that matter. "Hmm? Oh, yeah, it's beautiful!" She's vaguely aware of her voice as she looks ahead at the Weasley's home, her heart beating loudly against her ears. "It's just like in the photos," she adds, clearing her throat, running a hand through her messy hair.