Tame

"Rolo, no, Rolo come here! Sit still! Rolo! Ughhhh!" I groaned, as I got splashed multiple times with water and bubbles- courtesy of my massive chow chow, Rolo. He was sat, or rather now, stood, in our bathtub, bubbles everywhere, brown, furry coat drenched, barking at my black bombay cat, Milly. She was sat on the toilet seat, teasing the poor dog. I swore I saw her smile at his attempts to eat her. 

"Rollllllllo!" I cried, struggling to restrain him from leaping at the tiny cat meowing at him. I managed to push him back in, and he landed with a thump in the tub. Milly hissed at him, jumped off of the toilet and sauntered out, leaving nothing but wet pawprints and a crazy, angry, barking dog behind. I loved all my pets, but Milly was the one who annoyed me most.

I continued to cover my dog in bubbles, which he seemed to enjoy. One was on the end of his nose, and he was going cross-eyed, staring at it. I wondered if he was trying to pop it with just his sight.

"You can lick it off you know." I told Rolo, using the shower head to pour warm water over his soapy body. He made a wheezy sound in reply, before licking his nose. He then hiccuped and I laughed. "Awww, you're so sweet Rolo. Unlike that mean kitty cat who was teasing you."

As if on cue, Milly came strolling back into the upstairs bathroom, her eyes glinting evilly as she eyed the big brown blob in front of me. I swatted at her to get out- I did not need any more water on my arms. I was wearing a short-sleeved, orange tee, and the sleeves were damp, meaning my armpits felt like they were sweating waterfalls. The reality was, when Rolo tried attacking Milly, he soaked my arms, and shoulders, and armpits. Oh, the joys of bathing a dog.

"Meeeeeeeow." Milly meowed slyly. 

"Away! Go away!" I prodded her skinny black torso. She rolled her eyes at me, no joke, she does that, and leapt onto the side of the bathtub. Uh-oh.

It was as if it happened in slow motion. My big chow chow's head turned ever so slowly, like he was watching a snail slime it's way through mid-air somehow. As soon as his chocolate brown eyes landed on Milly, he was off.

"No! No! No! Rolo, no! Milly! Get out! No, not you Rolo, get back in!" I tried desperately. As much as I tried to get the daft dog back in the tub, he pushed me right over, with his gigantic, soaking paws, so I was lying on the bathroom floor, with two pawprints on my boobs. Great. 

I leapt up from my position and followed the two mad animals into the hallway, through my bedroom, back out of my bedroom, down the stairs, into the living room, until I saw my Mom holding Rolo by his collar. He was barking loudly at Milly, who was perched on the window ledge, looking ever so smug. 

"Will you stop moving, mutt!" My Mom ordered. She tugged on his collar, but he ignored her requests and continued to behave badly. "You're soaking my floors!" She whined. 

"Keep him there. I'll take Milly-" I began. But no, no. My pets couldn't let me be in control. They were off once more. Mom stumbled backwards, and luckily I caught her. She looked at me the same time I looked at her, before we both darted off after them.

"Troy! Do not let Cookie out of the house!" Mom yelled before she exited the front door. Knowing my older brother, he would have had his music up so loud he wouldn't have heard it anyway. 

"Bad dog. Bad. You do not do that again, okay?" I scolded Rolo, who had finally calmed down. He lie on the sidewalk outside our house, his head in his paws glumly. He liked a good chase- this one must've been exhilarating. Our cats were supposedly house cats, so he only ever got to chase them up and down the stairs or through the hallways. But seeing as my Mother and I had to chase both my dog and cat down two streets before Rolo decided he was out of breath, I think this adventure was the highlight of his life living with us.