"Alright. See you soon, love you."

"I love you too, bye!"

I hung up and looked at the brothers who were, again, looking at me with impatient faces. I smiled.

"My best friend Jamie and his boyfriend were in Bora Bora, but there was a hurricane on it's way to cross the country so they had to leave early. They luckily made it home safely." I said.

"Wow, I'm glad they're safe." Joe said.

I nodded.

"Me too." I said and turned back around to my work.

I looked at the screen for a couple of minutes without touching any buttons and then sighed. I felt a hand on my shoulder. I could feel it was Kevin. I turned around to him looking at me with a little reassuring smile. As if he was going to tell me that I could take time off and that we'd finish the song tomorrow, but that was too good to be true. It had to be finished today.

"You're tired, aren't you?" Kevin asked me.

I nodded in honesty, looking down to hide my cheeks turning red as result of the bit of shame I had for that statement.

"It's okay, though. I'm tired too. There's a trick to hide it." Kevin said.

He grabbed my hands and pressed them together. Then he grabbed my left index finger, put it with a lot of effort on top of my right middle finger and then grabbed both my thumbs to do the exact same.

"What exactly happens if you do this?" I asked a little confused.

Kevin started laughing and let go of my hands.

"Nothing, was just messing with ya." He said.

I laughed with a sigh and slapped him.

"Thankyou." I said.

He nodded with the same reassuring smile as before and went to sit back on his chair. I turned around to my screen and took a deep breath.

"You're gonna finish this now, Layla." I whispered to myself.

-~-~-~-

"It's done.. It's done! It's finished!!" I shouted after half an hour.

The brothers excitedly stood up and came standing around me. Without hesitation I pressed the spacebar on my keyboard and the song started playing.

As the song was playing I felt that the vibe changed. It got more loose, more alive and it was as if someone in this room just won the lottery. And the person winning was me.

"This is amazing!" Nick shouted, trying to raise his voice above the speaker.

I looked at him with a big smile and nodded.

After the song was done, my chair got turned around by Joe.

"Layla..." He said.

I looked at him with big eyes and my heart started beating faster as Joe stayed silent.

"That... Was absolutely amazing. Our fans are gonna love this, the locals are gonna eat this up and it's gonna be an absolute banger of a comeback all thanks to your dedication to the song." He said excitedly.

A relieved sigh left my mouth and I started laughing. I stood up and looked at all three of them.

"Guys... I literally don't know how to thank you." I said.

"Thank us for what?" Kevin asked.

"For this opportunity and for pushing me to keep working on the opportunity." I said.