→ chapter sixty six

; ♡⋆

; ♡⋆.ೃ࿔*

chae's bones quivered beneath her skin, the fear of the unknown seeping through her veins and into her bloodstream. her face held a prominent black eye and she was sure that she would be bald by the time the death eater let go of her brunette locks. her eyes fluttered close, trying to get at least a scrap of the future.

although, she saw nothing and now chae was beginning to regret not listening when her grandmother had urged her to practice. chae knew that looking into the future would've given them an advantage and she cursed herself mentally for not practicing.

chae's eyelids flew open when lucius began to talk again, his voice was beginning to get on her nerves. the young witch watched intently as lucius malfoy dangerously edged closer to harry who seemed to not even have a glimmer of fear in his eyes. curse his gryffindor bravery.

harry's eyes were harsh, glaring at the blonde man in front of him and chaerin was beginning to wish that looks could kill. in one swift movement, malfoy had his arm reached out in front of him with his hand open ready for harry to place the prophecy there.

"i'll make this simple for you potter, hand over the prophecy now or watch your friends die" said lucius, every word burning with desire and venom.

harry looked round at his friends, feeling guilty for dragging them into this mess and he knew that now there was no choice because he could not watch his beloved friends die. when harry's bright green eyes locked with chae's chocolate eyes, she shook her head and smiled not wanting harry to hand the prophecy over.

"don't give it to him harry!" neville shouted, causing bellatrix to hush him and dig her wand deeper into his neck.

the black haired boy looked down at the prophecy, weighing out his options in his mind. chae watched in shock as harry placed the small crystal ball into the palm of lucius' hand, chae was beginning to wish she had just sent an owl to her mum like 'hey mum, just going to the ministry to rescue your boyfriend who was kidnapped by voldemort be right back'.

suddenly, just when harry placed the prophecy into lucius' hand large white lights began to form around them. chae's eyes widened in surprise and in curiosity as the light began to disappear and she smiled brightly when the light revealed members of the order. 

"get away from my godson" sirius said calmly, when lucius turned to face sirius he was met with a brutal punch to the face.

alice chang appeared in front of her daughter, shooting a stunning spell at the death eater who fell backward and chae dropped to the floor. her mother hurried over to her, helping her up quickly as the order and the death eaters began to duel.

tonks was shooting spells at bellatrix from above before swooping down to grab luna and ginny, kinglsey was fighting two death eaters at once and mad eye had managed to take out three death eaters already. 

"i want you to run chaerin, run and don't look back until you're out of here safely" alice ordered, the same brown eyes looking into chae's. chaerin shook her head firmly.

"no, i'm not leaving you" she countered, flicking her wand lazily behind her mother shooting a spell at the death eater who was trying to take alice out from behind.

alice smiled proudly at the young girl who was a spitting image of her, she took her hand and together the two of them began to duel dolohov. spells bounced off walls and often disappeared after being deflected, chae was trying to keep her focus and not let the flashing burst of light distract her.

when dolohov had fallen, alice rushed over to help tonks who had been knocked out by her aunt which left chae to go and help harry who was watching sirius battle his cousin bellatrix. 

chae grabbed harry's hand in one movement and was about to make a run for it before dumbledore appeared above them which caused everyone to stop battling other than sirius and bellatrix, sirius was laughing at the slender woman.

"come on you can do better than that!" he shouted across to her as he ducked her jet of red light.

however, the next light that flew from bellatrix's wand was bright green and hit sirius squarely in the chest. the laughter did not die from his face, but his eyes had widened in shock and his back arched gracefully falling through the veil. 

the veil seemed to flutter lightly when sirius disappeared behind it and a piercing wail ripped through the atmosphere. chaerin's eyes widened and she wasted no time in bolting over to her mother whose body had crashed to her knees. 

there was no way to describe the sobs that left alice's mouth whilst her eldest daughter held her in her arms, she was trying to get away but chaerin held her tightly. chae closed her eyes, resting her head against her mothers, listening to harry's sickening scream of despair.

lupin held harry in his arms closely, harry's limbs thrashing about trying to escape lupin's grip but he did not let go. chae couldn't bear to watch, tears now spilling from her eyes too whilst her arms tightened around her distraught mother's frame.

alice chang's once beautiful eyes were now bloodshot, her nose was running as her lip trembled. she felt weak, sirius was her first love and her last. it hurt her most that she did not get to say goodbye. alice was never normally one to cry, she was strong and always had been she was an auror after all. 

to be able to put sirius and alice's history into a book would be impossible because there was too much, they had been best friends since they first stepped foot on the hogwarts express. all those times alice had watched sirius laugh, cry, smile and shout seemed to have been taken away from her in one moment. 

sirius was her dearest friend and she regretted nothing more than taking him for granted after finding a new love. she had just got him back, why now was he ripped from her? why did sirius have to be torn from the world as if he were just a page in a book that had been ripped out?

sirius black was a man of his word, he was noble, loyal and kind. yes sirius had his flaws, but so did everyone and that was what alice had loved so much about him, he was imperfect but perfect in her eyes. 

chae felt a tap on her shoulder and she turned to see lupin, who had tears in his eyes. he smiled at her sympathetically and nodded, signaling he would hold her mother. chae couldn't bring herself to talk, so she simply nodded her head too gently unwinding her arms from her mother and standing.

instantly, she was pulled in a bone-crushing hug by hermione who was crying too. the sadness in the room was evident and chae couldn't bring her eyes to look at her mother and remus who were now holding on to each other and crying. 

dumbledore now had most of the death eaters grouped in the middle of the room, immobilised by invisible ropes. however, bellatrix lestrange had managed to escape and harry was now shooting after her rapidly.