[ C H A P T E R T H I R T Y-F I V E ]

I gripped tightly onto Niki's arm, trying to hide myself from the line of sight of the person I feared most in this world.

She looked to me confusedly, but right when her eyes met she must've known something was wrong because she started to pull me towards the exit, the exact direction of Maggie.

She wouldn't have known, she couldn't have known what she looked like. I couldn't even warn her, she was really worried and was just trying to get me out quickly.

I felt a shoulder brush against mine, and I knew that it was her. I didn't even look in her direction, but the loud gasp she let out from beside me let me know she hadn't forgotten me either. I braced myself for whatever would come out of her mouth next, and I was right to prepare for the worst.

"Well look who's come crawling back to me, this little bitch! Guess it didn't work out with internet boy, are you sleeping around just for a place to stay now or are you still flirting for cash on those dumb little streams?"

She whispered quiet enough so nobody around could hear, not even Niki who was still standing beside me worriedly.

I looked over to Techno and Wil who were standing near the register, and it was Tubbo who pointed in my direction, noticing something off. Wil's head was the first to turn, and not a second later he and Techno were by my side. Maggie continued to whisper all the things I had just managed to block out of my memory, all the things she knew I hated about myself, all the reasons why I once winced every time I caught my reflection in a mirror.

It wasn't until Techno and Niki were pulling me out of the shop and onto a nearby bench when I noticed my cloudy vision and the unmistakable shake of fear all across my body. They sat me on the bench in between the two of them, and it was only when Niki took my hands in hers that I noticed they were so clenched that my nails were almost drawing blood from my palms. Why didn't I realize anything my body was doing? Why can't I focus on anything? Why does breathing feel like the most difficult thing in the world?

Niki rubbed her thumbs on my hands, and that brought me back to earth a bit. "Is she okay? Why isn't she responding to us?" I wanted to cry just from the sound of Techno's voice. He sounded so in pain, and it was my fault for making him feel like this. It was my fault he sounded broken, why couldn't I just get it together? I was smart, my teachers had always told me that. Why did a few words make me like this when I knew words couldn't do anything to me? I felt the cool sensation of tears beginning to run down my face, and Niki gently brushed them away with her thumb.

Her eyes were all I could focus on, never leaving mine. I was so thankful she was there, and I managed to reach a hand over to Techno's knee as a way of saying I was gonna be okay.

As I started to calm down, I heard the ding of the door open once again. I tried to turn away from Niki to see, but whoever was leaving was blocked by Techno's chest as he wrapped me in a hug. That confirmed my suspicion that they didn't want me seeing whoever was leaving the shop, I didn't fight to see Maggie but instead fell slack in his arms.

His hoodie was soft on my face, and I tried hard not to cry or stain it with tears. It was only a few minutes later when the rest of the guys came out with ice creams in hand. I took the one Wilbur held out to me, and he smiled softly as I assured him I was okay. We found a cute park area to sit, and eventually things calmed down.

While we were finishing out treats, Phil whispered to me about having to hold Wil back from tearing Maggie to shreds in the shop, and I was surprised when he said that Tubbo had to do the same for Tommy. I looked over to the boy in shock, I couldn't help but smile a bit when he flashed me a toothy grin, his mouth being covered with the chocolate ice cream he was eating. The kid seemed dense and a little air-headed on the outside, but he had a good heart.

Oh the way home, I sat with Niki in the very back of the van, and I quietly thanked her over and over again for what she did outside the ice cream parlor. She just giggled at my thanks, and spoke a few simple words that could melt my heart. "That's what real friends do for each other, now let me make sure that girl is blocked on all your socials."

I ended up just hanging out with her for the rest of the evening, doing silly stuff like makeup and singing along to songs a bit too loud.

"We only have two days left..." I marvelled at how fast time had gone, and she gasped. "No way! I'm gonna miss you..." "We can stream together a bunch, don't worry!" I had really found a friend in Niki, she was so sweet and I could tell she really cared about me.

I put on one of Techno's shirts as pajamas, I couldn't be bothered to do laundry quite yet. He grumbled a bit about me being a clothes thief, but I just smirked and hid under the covers. "Goodnight" I mumbled from under the thick blanket, he turned off the lamp and I slept in the comfy bed for the second-to-last time.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"𝙹𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚘𝚏 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚜, 𝚖𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚏 𝚗𝚘𝚗𝚎, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚏𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝚒𝚗 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚏 𝚘𝚗𝚎."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚

𝟙𝟘𝟙𝟟 𝕎𝕠𝕣𝕕𝕤

𝟘𝟙/𝟚𝟡/𝟚𝟘𝟚𝟙

ℙ𝕝𝕖𝕒𝕤𝕖 𝕍𝕠𝕥𝕖 𝕒𝕟𝕕 ℂ𝕠𝕞𝕞𝕖𝕟𝕥, 𝕃𝕖𝕥 𝕞𝕖 𝕜𝕟𝕠𝕨 𝕚𝕗 𝕪𝕠𝕦'𝕣𝕖 𝕖𝕟𝕛𝕠𝕪𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕨𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕀 𝕞𝕒𝕜𝕖 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕥𝕒𝕝𝕜 𝕥𝕠 𝕞𝕖 𝕡𝕝𝕫!! ;-;