Chapter 59 - Chapter 61

A/N: NOT EDITED.

Chapter 59- Bump in the Road (Progression PT2) (Chelsea's POV)

We had been silent just enjoying this time to ourselves after finally making a dent or well progress in our relationship. I knew that Gabriel and I living together would be a scary thing, especially since we were just in the early stages but with us talking about our relationship I knew that we would work.

I had no experience with this thing, but neither did Gabriel; it was an even playing field in my eyes. One of the best things to me though was that I had one less thing to be nerve wracked about.

Gabriel and I making love, he accepted that I wasn't ready and we could wait and that alone brought me comfort. We could still experiment but we were going to enjoy everything that led up to that act. Not that I knew what those things really were but Gabriel did so... I guess I was his student.

"Before the new guys get here I want to tell you about them. They are Anton, 22 years old, David is 27 years old, Giovanni is 22 years old and his little sister Francesca is my age," he said.

"Okay..." I said because this was strange I couldn't quite understand exactly why he would be bringing this up.

"When I was 18, I-I had a thing with Francesca. We, her and I were in a relationship," he said nervously.

"So she's come here for you?" I asked.

"No definitely not. We haven't been that way in a long time but she is a lost mate wolf," he said.

"What is that?"

"Well her mate died when she was 16 and the pack was attacked. After that we became close and dad sent her away with Giovanni," he said.

Once again proof that I was always waiting for the worse to happen, I asked.

"Do you have feelings for her?"

"No. The only person I want is the one right in front of me at this moment. We are mates Chelsea, but the thing is I do not just want you because of that. You are caring, kind, thoughtful, wise beyond your years and just- just truth be told... you-you're good Chelsea. If it weren't for the fact that we are mates I'm not sure I would've pursued you. Not because there was anything wrong with you. I would not because you are out of my league,-" he sighed.

"That's not true-" he didn't let me finish.

"No it is! Last night you said that I wanted you to court danger, which is true. I never wanted to drag anyone into this life, which is why I never messed around with woman who didn't know what they were acting getting.  We claimed each other and I am so happy for that, so proud that I get to call you mine. As far as this Francesca talks goes, she is a nonissue. I wont cheat on you and if you do not approve of her, you are free to make that call, to decide she isn't a very good fit. Okay?"

"Okay," I smiled if my wolves had a valid point of why we shouldn't keep her then I wouldn't but until then I'd keep her around. I think I had somehow made my peace with the fact that I couldn't bubble wrap Gabriel and I. He had a past, history, different women he had been intimate with. Yet it didn't bother me. He hadn't settled down with any of them but me? He actually wanted me.

They were nothing but pit stops... I thought then smiled.

"What's got you smiling?" he asked smirking. I slapped his chest playfully.

"Are you afraid of heights?" he asked randomly, face not giving anything away.

"What?"