“I don’t have anything yet. I’ll make up for it later.”

Jiang Yingqiu frowned. “I won’t interfere in your affairs, but what about the Gu family? At least you have to make a show. You can obtain a special gift for Yao Yao later, but now you have to give something better. I saw that you were always going out and thought you had prepared everything! You brat, you don’t know anything!”

Mo Beihan smiled and took a small box from under his bed. He opened it for Jiang Yingqiu.

Inside was an entire set of red gold hair ornaments, a set of emerald jewelry, as well as two jade bangles.

Be it in terms of purity or workmanship, these items were outstanding, and they were definitely of top quality.

Jiang Yingqiu was fairly knowledgeable, so she smiled the moment she saw them. “That’s more like it! Here! This is for you too!”

As she spoke, she took out a small cloth bag. Inside was a pair of icy blue jade bangles.

The bangles were sparkling, translucent, and completely flawless. One could tell at a glance that these were good items.

Although they were not of the best quality, in twenty years’ time, this pair would be worth ten thousand dollars or so.

Mo Beihan was shocked. “Mother, where did you get these from?”

Jiang Yingqiu smiled. “This is my gift, from a mother-in-law to her daughter-in-law. Take it. I have more!”

Chapter 213: Engagement Dinner (5)

Translator: Atlas Studios  Editor: Atlas Studios

Jiang Yingqiu sat in front of Mo Beihan. “Your grandfather gave these to me. Although our forebears were not rich, your grandfather managed to hide some of his wealth. But the situation was not so peaceful then, so he kept it hidden.

“Fortunately, he always kept it hidden, or we would have been in trouble.”

The Mos were currently peasants. If Old Master Jiang had not deliberately hidden his wealth, their background might not be so good now.

Jiang Yingqiu said, “That year, your grandfather was very sick. He gave me these things and I kept them hidden. When your elder brother got married, I gave him some. But later on…”

Jiang Yingqiu struggled to suppress her grief when she thought of her elder son who had passed away. Then she continued, “Later on, your elder brother ran into trouble and these things came back to me. I kept them to give to Chengrui and Chengxu in the future. This pair of bangles are for you. Now you’re only getting engaged. I have a few more for your wedding.

“I don’t have much. I only hid a little.”

Mo Beihan nodded. He knew his forebears were not rich. It was already surprising that they had this.

Mo Beihan took it and decided to give them to Gu Qingyao the next day.

The two of them talked for a while, then Jiang Yingqiu went to bed.

Mo Beihan looked at these things. He did not fall asleep until late.

The next day, everyone in the Gu family got up early. Gu Qingyao put on her set of new clothes.

The snow had not yet melted, but today’s weather was extremely good. It felt warmer than the previous days.

Gu Qingyao got up very early. She wore her thermal underwear and flannel pants from her interspace. Over that, she wore a red sweater knitted from sheep’s wool. She had made this sweater especially thick, so it was very warm to wear.