Chapter 146

Olly's POV

"Can we, can we, can we?" I pleaded Cindy across the parking lot late in the evening.

"Did you forget to take your meds? Jesus Olly, NO!" She shoved me out the way.

I quickly pop back up in front of her and dropped down to my knees to stop her, "pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee," i clasped my hands together and she walked around me.

Mariana and Matt were cracking up from afar at the bullshit I'm doing and I'm doing my best to keep from laughing as well.

I reached from behind me and grabbed her ankle.

"Olly, not the Chanel!" Cindy screeches.

"I'll pay for the fooooooooooood," I groaned as she continues to drag me against the pavement.

"You're full of shit," she scoffs.

Matt is wiping tears from his eyes and Mariana is giggling uncontrollably as she records the foolery we're on.

"I promise we won't get chased by the police this time," I held on tighter and Cindy continues to plow through my weight.

"FINE!" She stomps and kicks me to the side.

"That's not how you treat a holiday hero," I laughed victoriously and dusted myself off.

"Whatever, what place do we meet up at?" Cindy sighs.

"You know.. pancakes for dinner sound really good on a Monday night," Matt suggests.

"I was honestly thinking we should crash Burger King of all their whoppers and fries," Mariana contemplates.

"A burger and fries sounds... indulging," Cindy mutters as she rolls down her windows.

"We can meet up at the one at the pier!" I cheered and everyone giggled in agreement.

<><><><><><><><><>

"Mariana, remind me to say no to your girlfriend no matter how hard she tries to get me to say yes because honestly, what the fuck?" Cindy looks around the fast food joint notices a few homeless people sitting in the corners.

"They're people, calm  down," Matt gave her a 'pat' on the back.. more like shove. It was funny.

"There's one, two thr- four of us. Okay, 11 junior whoppers, four large fries and 4 large drinks. I might come back for the Oreo milkshake," I pulled out my card and waited for my order to be rung up.

"I can't eat all of that," Mariana blushed.

"We're gonna eat like kings," Matt got pumped up.

"please, I think my blood pressure just reached its max just listening to that order," Cindy groaned.

"What the hell are you guys talking about? I get 8 burgers, the rest of you get three and that's one each with a large fry and drink," I corrected them and their jaws dropped.

"Excuse me? Can you add like 3 more whoppers to that order?" Matt pulls out a ten and hands it over.

"I- will that be all?" The cashier's eyes were wide.

"We can stop by McDonald's for their cookies on the way home," Matt winks and gives a thumbs up. What a splendid idea.

"One day, you two are gonna be fat as shit can't even see your toes," Cindy retorted as we fix our drinks.

"Okay and one day you're gonna find yourself telling your pastor, you slept with a girl," Matt scoffed.

"Donavan, watch it," Cindy pointed her finger at him.

Me and Mariana sat side by side silently enjoying the encore.

"I'm watching alright," Matt retorts.

"Watching you blush over Chiharu," he blurts and Cindy shoved him to the side by the face.

"Speaking of Chiharu... can we talk about how amazing her routine was today and how she just turned down a varsity spot on the cheerleading team?" Mariana sets her drink aside.

"Honestly, it was pretty badass. If she's gonna try out for the volleyball team during the summer, I think I might try out as well," I set my drink aside.

"She's not allowed to sit with us," Cindy crosses her arms and turns her nose up at the subject.

"Oh come on, you're still upset she turned down the spot? She literally has the build of a volley ball player, you know fashion. Isn't the clothing suppose to match the body type?" I tilted my head and Cindy's mouth resisted the urge to laugh.

"Olly, you're full of shit," Cindy cracked a laugh.

"But I'm serious, Chiharu, of all people, has every right to sit with us. I showed her around the school and got her acquainted with Mariana and Matt," I defended my reasoning.

"She's not your responsibility, Olly. This is highschool, not parenting 101," Cindy rolls her eyes.

"She's my responsibility when I'm the first friend she made the second she got there. I can't just abandon her the next day like she doesn't exist. That's not right. I wouldn't expect you to understand because look at how many friends you have; the only ones you have are two on the same cheer team as you and one you've had a middle school rivalry with about your homophobia," I put Cindy is hush mode and everyone at the table fell silent.

"She's not my responsibility, but how would you feel if you came across the queens and King of Key West on the first day attending our highschool and then get ditched to the side of the road like you're nothing the next? I'm not doing it. Hell, I'm signing up for Volley ball with her in spring," I started getting serious. Cindy was about to say something but I cut her off again.

"You don't have to be friends with her, but she's a human being. And since I intend on being friends with her, you treat her nicely. She's not on your cheer squad, so don't push her around like she is- sorry Matt, I can only do so much for you- but you being salty about a girl reconsidering her options is wrong," I looked at her with a serious face and she considers my ideals with a slow and steady deep breath.

"You're correct... I'm afraid so. I've never came across a girl who didn't want to be on my cheer team, let alone had good quality of friends other than you three because my narcissistic ways seem to push everyone away. Fine, I'll play nice, but- don't ever correct me again. This is the first time you've done it and let it be the last.." Cindy stares out the window of the booth.

"Good thing there's a first time for everything huh. Might as well give Chiharu a try," Matt snickers and Cindy elbows him.

"Alright alright, but I'm just saying; your time has come oh holy one," Matt threw jazz hands in Cindy's face and she slapped them away.

"Please as if, the lord will give me strength to resist such dirty temptations," Cindy scoffs.

"Wait, you have more than one temptation you're trying to resist?" I leaned in over the table and Matt busts out a laugh as Cindy's face turns bright pink.

"Olly, damn you," she growls.

"Order uhhhhh hella burgers and four large fries?!" The cashier called and me and Matt raced to get our food.

<><><><><><><><><><><>