[ C H A P T E R T H I R T Y-F O U R ]

I had slept in Techno's room the next night again, he didn't even have to say anything for me to know that there wasn't really a choice.

I always had to be in contact with him, no matter if it was our hands laced together or his arm over my back or even our foreheads resting gently together. I don't know why, but it made it feel like he wouldn't slip away if I knew he was still there. Silly, I know.

The next day was a lot better. We had replaced whatever we had planned with a whole lot of wii streaming, everyone had gotten a turn playing yesterday and we had so much fun that we decided to was stream-worthy.

Niki murmured out a string of curse words from beside me, I wasn't playing but she was struggling with a minigame. I, being the seasoned veteran whispered a quick tip to Niki, giggling as she quickly overtook Phil, Tommy, and Techno. "No fair, come sit with me so I can win..." Techno grumbled from across the room, and the mods swiftly started a poll as to who I sat with. I felt like the beyonce of the wii tournament, and upon realizing how stupid that sounded in my head I kept my mouth shut.

Chat being the little shippers they were gave over 90% of the popular vote to Techno, so I walked over and resisted the urge to plop down in his lap. We still didn't have anything about our relationship public, nobody even knew we lived together. The wink at the campfire a while back had been enough to raise suspicion, so I just sat close enough so I could whisper the best strategies in his ear.

We switched over to Wii Sports, and Tennis & Bowling were the popular votes among chat. I remembered back when I was little me and my friends loved those too, and the memories brought a sad smile to my face. I of course won all the games right out of the gate, so I ended up giving up my remote to a determined Tubbo. I manned the computer, and upon realizing we had been live for over 4 hours ran into the kitchen to grab some sort of food.

After wii games yesterday, I had made some cookies Tommy had mentioned in passing as a silent thank-you. Throwing a few on a platter with some fruit to make it look pretty, I announced that the stream was now a mukbang as I emerged into camera view with the food. Various cheers echoed as everyone grabbed cookies and Phil went up for his turn to bowl. "Don't throw out your back, since you're so old and everything..." Tommy remarked, and I kicked him lightly on the shin.

It was the 5-hour mark when we called it a day, at this point I had adopted a shuffle-hop walk kind of thing so I could walk fine without a crutch. I still spent the most time sitting, and I began the gruelling task of cutting down all the manhunt footage into a decent video. My laptop was on my lap as I sat in my own room for the first time that day, and started looking for action in the hours of footage.

I hyper-focused after letting Niki know that they should order pizza or something in a bit, and Techno eventually peeked into my room as I messed with a particular shot that didn't seem to want to fit in properly. "I'm bored, I can't be on the SMP since Tommy's doing lore I can't risk getting involved in and everyone's busy..." "read a book.' I responded, only half focusing on him as I tried to trim the clip. "I only brought one and I finished it, it kinda sucked anyway. Did you bring any?" "Have I ever left the house without a book?" I responded automatically. "I seem to remember some grocery trips..." He unzipped the backpack I kept my books in as I glared at him, and pulled one out that made my face red.

"Are you reading... a romance?" He smirked over at me, and my attention had been fully diverted from my work. I tried to snatch it from him, but he held it out of my reach as I tried to get up from the bed. How had I forgotten that was the book I was reading? Nothing steamy or anything, just a cutesy romance. He looked down at me, smiling and reading the back cover. "Good enough..."

I stopped, furrowing my eyebrows in confusion. "Really?" "Sure, why not? See, that's how bored I am.." I just chuckled as I got back to work, still slightly embarrassed about being caught reading the cheesy romance. "Lose my page and you're dead!" I shouted quickly before the door close, and I could hear a soft chuckle in response.

It was a fairly normal day from then on, I had finished the video completely and was showing Wil on the TV in the basement. It was a struggle to ed and everyone knew it, so we ended up going out for ice cream to celebrate. Everyone seemed to be happy to tag along, so we all piled into the van and drove off to the nearest place we could find.

As Wilbur drove, I looked out at the sun which was just barely setting, just touching the horizon with a golden glow. I fell asleep in the passenger seat after realizing how exhausted I was, I had been showing the energy of a five year old the whole time we were playing Wii and it had apparently taken a toll on me.

Wilbur tapped my shoulder to wake me up once we arrived, and Niki was quietly debating with Phil on the best kind of ice cream cone in the row behind us. Tommy and Tubbo were entranced, while Techno who was in between it all looked tired.

I flashed him a smile which he returned, and we headed into the cute little parlor with the rest of the group. I inspected the menu with Niki beside me,I settled on a flavour and heard the bell ring on the door as more customers walked in.

That wasn't the thing that stunned me though. Or the reason I immediately gripped tightly onto Niki's arm like it was the only thing keeping me alive.

The thing that really shook me to the bone was the laugh I hadn't heard in months, the one that used to never fail to bring a smile to my face.

The one that belonged to Maggie.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"𝙹𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚘𝚏 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚜, 𝚖𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚏 𝚗𝚘𝚗𝚎, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚏𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝚒𝚗 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚏 𝚘𝚗𝚎."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚

𝟙𝟙𝟛𝟘 𝕎𝕠𝕣𝕕𝕤

𝟘𝟙/𝟚𝟠/𝟚𝟘𝟚𝟙

ℙ𝕝𝕖𝕒𝕤𝕖 𝕍𝕠𝕥𝕖 𝕒𝕟𝕕 ℂ𝕠𝕞𝕞𝕖𝕟𝕥, 𝕃𝕖𝕥 𝕞𝕖 𝕜𝕟𝕠𝕨 𝕚𝕗 𝕪𝕠𝕦'𝕣𝕖 𝕖𝕟𝕛𝕠𝕪𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕨𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕀 𝕞𝕒𝕜𝕖 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕥𝕒𝕝𝕜 𝕥𝕠 𝕞𝕖 𝕡𝕝𝕫!! ;-;