xxxiv

AZALEA'S POV :

Pain in my heart was out of control. My heart started beating rapidly as I thought about that moment again and again. Just few hours ago, I was laughing, smiling freely in his arms and here I am now.

'It's the truth, Azalea', this was all he could say? Did he ever love me Or was it all just a mere play and fun for him? I am ready believe anything for him, call me desperate or dumb, he's all I'll need to live, I just need him by my side.

My breath was hitching so bad, I held the pendant on my neck; I left everyone behind, everyone. Nobody knows if I'll ever meet them, if I'll ever meet Flora or if I'll ever see Igor again.

I went outside the room to have a glass of water. It was quite dark in the Hall way.
I was looking for the switch when I suddenly stepped on something and lost my balance.

Oh god!!

It was so sudden that I couldn't grab anything. But instantaneously, someone held me right before I fall.

"AZALEA!!! "

It was Jadyn's voice. He helped me, stand up straight and turned on the lights. I was startled to death. What if he wouldn't have come on time? Carson came out of the room running.

"What happened? Why were you screaming?" He asked.

Jadyn was staring at me with a mixed expression of anger and worry. He sighed,running his fingers over his forehead in frustration.

"Will someone tell me anything?" Carson said looking at me.

"When I told you, you were supposed to ask me if you needed anything, why did you come out?" Jadyn said, crossing his arms with a frown on his face.

"I'm..... I was..... I wanted a glass of water." I shuttered, frightened by this incident.

"When I said ask me, I meant ask me. Do you even know how dangerous it could be if I didn't come here on the right time?" he said turning around.

"I still can't understand. What was it exactly? " Carson said, scratching his head.

"I - I was about to slip on something but jadyn saved me before that could happen." I said while fidgeting with my fingers.

Carson sighed and spoke,

"And tell me, why are you still awake? It's 3 in morning."

"I was... Sleeping." I lied as he shook his head.

"No you were not. Your eyes are red, lies can't hide it." Carson said as Jadyn turned around facing me.

"Go back inside. I'll get you whatever you want." he said in a disappointed tone. I really think I was about to make a huge mistake. If I don't act rationally, it will give rise to more problems in my life.

I nod and went inside. I sat on the bed as Jadyn came in with a bottle and a cup.
He filled the cup with water and placed the bottle on the nightstand. I took the cup from his hand as he spoke,

"Go to sleep, and you better don't cry anymore." he caressed my head and went to sleep.

I kept the cup on the nightstand and laid down. My eyes started getting heavier but still, I was awake. Maybe I am not used to sleep without those warm arms around me. But wishing for something that doesn't belong to me is nothing but senseless.

MORNING:

I woke up to a sweet smell of lavender that was coming from my pillow. I feel like I woke up after ages. What time is it?