big baby

warnings: fluff, swearing, mentions of sickness

summary: when cedric is sick, y/n becomes his caretaker for the day :')

a glimpse of panic washes over your head, your heart racing at the thought of your boyfriend's mysteriously missing presence from class as you race to his dorm

you hurriedly swing his door open, relief falling off your shoulders when you find him, though a flash of worry crosses your mind once you notice him curled in a ball, clutching his blanket, still fast asleep.

"cedric darling, wake up! you slept through potions!" you say loudly, gently shaking your hufflepuff boyfriend as his body shuffles.

cedric groans out dramatically, rubbing his eyes as he rolls over to face your panicked state, both your eyes widening while seeing the other.

his entire forehead was dripping in sweat as he panted lowly, trying to keep up with breathing. his were cheeks flushed pink as well as noticeable dark circles painted under his eyes.

"oh no ced," you say, instantly realizing he was sick; mentally telling yourself you'd be skipping the rest of the school day to stay with him.

"hey my pretty girl/preferred," he greets you.

"i'm fine, g-go back to class okay?" he rasps out, trying to hide his cough but fails miserably, having a mini coughing fit in the elbow of his sweater.

"aw you poor thing," you frown, running your hand through his messy locks as cedric tries moving back, away from your touch.

"aw princess/prince/preferred, i don't want you to get sick," he croaks out as you scoff lightly.

"you know ced, i really don't care at all, just as long as you try not to kiss me." you reassure him with a giggle as his heart practically melts at the thought of you actually wanting to take care of him.

"now arms up, let's get that sweater off of you my love, you're practically burning," you tell him as he obeys your commands, raising his arms in the air.

you grab the bottom hem of his yellow knit sweater before pulling the fabric up and over his head and off his warm body.

"oh i see where this is going," cedric smirks, wiggling his eyebrows jokingly as you roll your eyes, lightly swatting his chest.

"not happening," you confirm, standing up to grab a cold rag to hopefully lower his temperature.

cedric lets out a sigh of delight when you place the towel on his forehead, allowing his entire body to cool down in response.