Prequel - Louis: Paralysis (2)

You never think you'll be able to do something for the last time until you can't. You go through life, taking things for granted and you never think anything bad will happen to you, until it does.

But does it happen to the right people. It happens to those people who are in a good relationship for years on end, those who have kids and are happy and want to make a life for themselves. Why does it have to happen to those kinds of people?

Harry never went unconscious during the whole accident, so he watched everything. From the moment their car was hit to the moment it stopped moving. He had to watch Louis' repeatedly hit his head on the glass until it broke and his head whipped so hard that it gave him the harshest case of whiplash, or maybe something even worse.

"Lou" Harry says as he tries to move, but his shoulder sends him a great deal of pain as he tries to move it. He reaches in Louis' pocket to pull out his pocket knife so he can cut his seatbelt. After, he bends his hurt arm to try and hold it close to his body so he does not injure it more. It causes him more pain, but once it's in the position he wants, it doesn't hurt as bad. He then turns his attention to Louis.

He immediately notices that Louis has a cut on his forehead, so he reaches for a cloth and holds it to his head to try and stop the bleeding. The bleeding is steady, so he tries his best to hold the cloth to his head to put as much pressure on it as he can. The wrist closest to Harry looks a little bruised and swollen, so Harry just leaves it alone to not injure it more.

After what seems like hours, the paramedics finally arrive on scene. There are two ambulances and a total of four paramedics. Two come over to Harry's side and two go over to Louis' side. They begin to examine Harry, but he tries to shove them away.

"Sir we need to examine you and get you to a hospital. You've been in an accident" I shake my head as one of the paramedics opens the door.

"No please I'm fine just help Louis. He's bleeding and his wrist looks broken and I think he might have whiplash as his head hit the window and he-" The paramedic cut him off and took the cloth that he was holding to Louis' head to replace it with gauze.

"He's in good hands, now let's get you out." I nodded and watched Louis before they helped me out of the car. "Dave watch his neck! He might have a neck injury! Make sure to stabilize him!"

"Wait a neck injury?" The paramedic nodded as they helped me into the ambulance.

"Unfortunately with a lot of car accident patients, they end up with some sort of neck injury. We are just taking precautions so we don't make anything worse. We will meet him at the hospital." I just nodded as arguing with him wouldn't do much. I allowed them to examine me in the ambulance as they drove me to the hospital.

It took about 7 minutes for me to arrive at the hospital and I was taken into a small private room. A doctor eventually came in to examine my shoulder that was still hurting a lot.

"Harry right?" He asked and I nodded. A nurse came in shortly after with a few supplies. "Alright let me take a look at your shoulder and my nurse here is going to take your vitals okay?" I stayed silent but nodded and he began his exam. He moved my shoulder around and I had to bite my lip to keep myself from screaming out in pain.

"Have you heard anything about Louis?" I asked to try and distract myself from the pain. The doctor seemed confused. "He was in the accident with me. He's my boyfriend."

"I have not, but I'm sure we can find something out." he smiled and I nodded. "So it appears you have a slight dislocation, so I'm going to put it back in place now okay?"

"Okay." I said. He counted down and I took in a sharp breath when he finally moved it so it was back in place. He bent my arm at the elbow and put it close to my stomach as the nurse began to wrap a sling around me.