《Severed Ties》

Hi...

I AM SO SORRY. I've been gone for soooooo long. Because I've just been getting busier and busier. I know I promised the next chapter would come soon after the first but I really tried. Finally, I somehow managed to finish this chapter for you guys. So I hope you enjoy! Cover pic for chapter is from another manga (sorry I'm not sure what the title is).

-Claire (wandering-wings)

ATTENTION - THIS IS THE SECOND CHAPTER. IF YOU CANNOT ACCESS THE FIRST TWO PARTS BEFORE THIS GO TO THE PART CALLED ATTENTION! NOTE TO READERS. THEY WILL BE THERE FOR YOU SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE. I REACHED A PROBLEM.

-

"Why are we leaving?" I said through a pout, "I have not said goodbye to everyone yet."

"My apologies Alina. We are in a hurry, we will not have time." She said with a sad look in her eye. Of course, she couldn't tell me herself.

Lately, all my guardians had been doing were keeping secrets and whispering. Sometimes whispering without keeping secrets, sometimes both. Secrets are not exchanged with a regular tone. But then again, secrets are no longer secrets when exchanged.

They held a tight bond with each other. They didn't keep anything away from one another. If only it had been the same with me. But of course it was only to spare my happiness.

However, it didn't work.

It was my fault really, but I had little control over my power. Which I had discovered was the topic of their secrets and the reason we had to leave. I held the Sacred Eye of the Soul. I could peer into others souls and minds if I wanted. That was all I had known at the time. Ironically, I had used my magic on accident to hear what their thoughts were when they were whispering. Even though, there was still a last mystery to my magic that I knew was missing.

What was it about my magic that caused us to move?

After a few days we arrived at the new home. The new location was spectacular. A house on a big area of lively grass. Flowers popped out against the emerald canvas in beautiful and strange colors. Animals pranced around in the big wilderness of the island. Humongous trees bordered the edges of the land.

"Wow," was all I could mutter. I stared with eyes wide open at the beautiful scenery.

"Magnificent, is it not?" Mara said, delighted that I had taken a liking to our new home. I nodded in agreement. Felix chuckled, pleased at my marveling eyes.

A month had passed and I had grown quite fond to the new home.

"Why was it mandatory to move here?" I asked reminding myself of the mystery I had yet to solve.

"Mara and I are doing research. Around this island is something we have been searching for." Felix answered.

"What is it?" I asked.

"We are unaware of that ourselves," he laughed lightly, "but we will know of the object by its reactions."

"Reactions?"

"The description is lengthy and I am sorry to say that it is classified."

"Aw," I looked away so that he didn't see the guilt on my face.