Chapter 17 : A truce?

Park Tae Chan

Who knew that getting suspended was the best thing ever?

For the first time in the longest – well, ever since I started in Chonseol – I actually had time to myself. I caught up with my studies and managed to prepare my mind set for the upcoming exams. No relationship drama and no rebound issues.

It was great!

Ok, except for the fact that I was quite cut off from any social activities. Needless to say, I was grounded and all media devices snatched away. No phone, no TV, no music – nothing.

But hey – I had a stress reliever doll that I could bash…although most of the time I ended up being too careful as to not spoil it.

The front door beeped and I glanced up from my book and hoped Tae-ra didn’t key in the wrong passcode again. I was simply too lazy to leave my comfortable position on the couch.

Thankfully the door swung open without any mishap and I was about to return my attention to my book when I realised that Tae-ra was talking to someone behind her.

What was this? My workaholic loner of a sister was actually bringing someone over??

I craned my neck forward to see who it was. Frankly, it was the last person I expected to see her with. Marching in with a big grin on his face and acting as though it was his own home was none other than Kim Tae hyung.

I stood up in surprise, causing my book to fall to the floor and gaped at them both. Tae hyung was chattering on about something concerning event tent setups while Tae-ra wore a tolerant look.

“What…WHAT IS THIS?” I exclaimed.

Tae hyung turned to me and smiled. “Oh? Hello…!” he said as he set down rolls of papers.

I ignored his greeting and stomped up to Tae-ra. “Onni! First Sejoon and now Tae hyung sunbae?? What is going on?”

Tae-ra sighed and flopped onto the couch dejectedly. “Please don’t ask me. I seriously don’t know.” She gave me a helpless look. “It’s like the fates are playing with me.”

“What do you mean?”

She closed her eyes tightly as though it would help change the situation. “What are the odds of getting stuck with two interns from Chonseol High?? If that isn’t enough, they had to be the ones that I actually know!” she lamented in actual distress.

“Oh no.” her eyes flew open and she gazed wide eyed into the distance. “Maybe it’s a jinx. Maybe somehow it was because I tended to their wounds and now I’m stuck with them! Oh god, just kill me now.”

“Err…” I exchanged glances with Tae hyung. He looked thoroughly amused.

“That’s it,” she continued. “I’m cursed…and it’s all your fault.”

“Me? Why?” I pointed to myself in disbelief.

“You brought them here in the first place.” She eyed me accusingly.

“Hey, I –“

“I need to take a shower and rid myself of all this bad aura.” She stood up abruptly and headed towards her room.

“Bad aura?” Tae hyung choked incredulously. “I’m standing right here you know. You can skip the bad-mouthing.”

“Ugh,” she waved without looking back. “You know the way out.”

At first Tae hyung looked like he wanted to go after her to have the last word but she slammed the door, ceasing all conversation. He shook his head and glanced at me.