Chapter Twenty Three

Today was my first time at Miyagi-Do. I had a feeling I wouldn't be too good at it. I had for a up with a completely different type of karate.

Sam drove us to the dojo. It was more serene than I had expected. When we made our way to the back, I found Demitri struggling warming up.

"Demitri?"

"Blair? What are you doing here?" He asked as he welcomed me into a hug.

"I just joined, what are you doing here?"

"I just joined yesterday"

We continued to catch up until Mr. LaRusso and Robby came around.

"Morning everyone. Sam, why don't you and Robby practice on the balance board while I get Blair and Demitri situated." Mr. LaRusso explained.

Sam and Robby headed over to the little pond and Mr. LaRusso handed Dimitri and I paintbrushes.

"What's this?" I asked.

"For you to paint the fence"

I didn't question him and started to paint like I normally did. Apparently I was wrong.

"No not like that" he placed his hand on mine and guided me in the right direction.

"You can't seriously expect us to paint all of this" Demitri complained. I will admit, he was right, there was quit a bit to paint.

I lightly nudged Demitri to start painting and to stop his complaining.

"Nice job" Mr. LaRusso complimented. "Alright, I need to head to the dealership for a bit, you guys just keep doing what your doing. If you finish early, have Sam lead a warmup."

-

Me and Demitri had spent hours working on that stupid fence and we were finally finished. Right when I thought we were actually going to start training, Sam and Robby just gave us more chores to do. We painted the whole fucking house and sanded the floor too. I had never done this much labor in my life, I wanted to die.

Robby then lead me out to the front to wax the cars. I wasn't sure if this was even a karate class anymore.

I began clean the cars before Robby stopped me.

"Now what?!"

"You're doing it wrong"

"How the fuck am I cleaning a car wrong?"

"It's supposed to be wax on, wax off" he explained while doing a weird hand motion.

I did as he said before saying, "am I doing right?"

"Yeah"

"I don't really see the point in this. I beat you're ass yesterday, if anyone should be doing this, it's you"

"Aww is someone sad they're not the favorite student anymore"

I will admit, it was nice to have dad around as my Sensei, now I had to start from scratch. Fuck.

Robby continued to cretic me until Sam and Demitri came around the back.

"Looks great" Sam said. "Ready to start some real training?"

"More than anything" I laughed before throwing the sponges at Robby.

She began to teach us a few of her tricks. It felt like a yoga class rather than a karate class. I was bored out of my mind, and so was Demitri.

We had spent at least 15minutes in total silence, just working on our breathing and balancing.

"How much longer are we gonna do this?" I complained.

"I know this is all new to you, but this is how we do things around here" Sam said as he walked closer to me. She lightly rubbed my shoulder to comfort me.

Robby let out a small laugh before continuing on with the combination.

I hope Sam was right about this idea.

-

The sun was beginning to set and I needed to head home. Sam offered to drive me, so I waited in the dojo while she cleaned up outside. I looked through my phone to pass the time, until I heard someone else enter the dojo. Robby.

"Hey" he said.

"Hey"

He didn't know what to say to me. There were a few awkward moments before he said, "I'm glad you joined"

"What?"

"I'm glad you joined"

"And why is that?" I teased.

"Don't get too cocky, I'm not apologizing" he said as he sat down next to me. "I'm glad you joined because I feel like I'm finally seeing my real sister again"

"What do you mean?"

"I didn't face my sister in that match yesterday. I faced some Cobra Kai délinquant."

He was right in a way. This new Cobra Kai has changed people, and for the worst I might add."

"I guess you're right. I think we can both  agree that this petty karate rivalry has gotten to both of us." I laughed.

"You can say that again"

I sighed in relief and rested my head on his shoulder.

"I missed you" I admitted.

"I missed you too" he smiled before placing a kiss on my head.