Chapter Four: Intrusion

A/N: This chapter marks the final perspective you will be seeing even though these characters aren't the only ones you will be seeing.This is also the final time the cast list video will be on the side of the story, so if you still haven't seen it... Starting next chapter there will be songs on the side that convey the mood of the chapter or that we really enjoy and listened to the whole time writing the chapter. This chapter title, like the last, has been revised. It used to be: Mission Possible. Lame, huh? We thought so. We hope by now you are as hooked to this story as we are, and that you enjoy this chapter, and many more chapters to come!  

Justin's POV:

   "Justin, wake up," a tired voice said from one of my roommates before he pushed my mattress off the bed frame, making me fall to the floor.

 "You could've at least said please," I groaned getting up from the floor. I groaned as I edged up on my elbows. As I got up, I heard multiple popping noises. I blamed it on the bed. I couldn't even get my feet all the way across. 

Another day, I thought as I began brushing my teeth. I wondered how many days would go by until I was found out to be a Rebel and executed for it. James tossed me the makeup that would conceal the tattoo of the Rebel insignia on my left arm. I lathered it on, covering every lick of it. One visible imprint, and it was light's out for me. I didn't regret it though. I would never regret it. 

************************************************************************************************************

 The breakfast here was horrible. At one point, James actually had me convinced that it was the same thing they fed the guard dogs. My stomach made an impatient growl pleading for food, so I took a leap of faith and shoved a spoonful of the mysterious substance into my mouth. It tasted like eggs and a variation of fruit. Disliking the taste, I pushed the plate forward. James gave me an amused look as he chomped down on an apple.

 "Where did you get that?" I asked. There had been no apples that I had seen in the cafeteria. James pointed into the crowd of people that were reluctantly eating their breakfast. My eyes locked on a blond gleefully waving an apple at a redhead; it was Dakota. It seemed the ‘don’t talk to the opposite gender’ rule had been broken again. It was a stupid rule to begin with; there was no way I was going to follow it. James just could have shown a little consideration and grabbed me an apple from his good looking girlfriend. 

 "Where did she get it?" I asked not taking my eyes off Dakota. She bit into her apple, and juicy liquid slid down her chin. I licked my lips, hungered. James opened his mouth to speak but was interrupted by the bell that excused us to our next class, which for me was History of Rebels.

I thought it was strange that the Union didn’t let us have lockers. It was not like we could actually hide anything at this school; there were cameras on every corner and in every classroom. It would help if I had a place to put all these books full of rubbish, instead of having to climb up and down stairs to my dorm. It was no trouble finding the classroom. I had studied The Union School layout before I came, hoping I could find a way out if there was ever an emergency. For once, escape was actually impossible. 

 Professor Charlie Marcs was the teacher of the Rebel studies. He was every expectation you had for a Union school. He appeared around the age of thirty and had short trimmed brown hair. He wore square-rimmed old glasses that were broken in several places. His facial expression warned that he wouldn’t be tolerating any kind of funny business. I knew it all to be an act; after all, this was the man who had introduced me to the Rebels.  

 The classroom was dark and gloomy just like the weather outside. Dakota walked in and took a seat near the back between James and the very charming barred window. I felt a twinge of jealously arise from within me. I wasn't quite sure why though. So, James had an extremely hot girlfriend, who took my breath away every time I looked at her. I knew these feelings would hinder rather than help, so I buried them next to my parent's divorce and my younger brother's death. They shouldn't resurface any time soon.