03

chapter three

       AMORA STRUTTED DOWN THE steps of the cantina, perfectly aware of all the eyes watching her

       AMORA STRUTTED DOWN THE steps of the cantina, perfectly aware of all the eyes watching her. Maybe it was a mistake to make herself the center of attention in a crowded, dirty bar, but she really couldn't care less. The music that had stopped during the fight slowly picked back up, and everyone eventually turned back towards their drinks.

       The older Jedi looked up at her while retracting the lightsaber. Familiarity quickly crossed his features with a smile, and he took a few steps forward.

       "Amora!" Obi-Wan greeted. "I didn't expect to see you here. The droids told me... they said you didn't make it."

       "Well, you and I both know the Empire won't get rid of me that easy." Amora spoke with a smirk, pulling the man in for a hug.

       He appeared no different from the last time she saw him, over a holographic message on Shili. A white, wispy beard, a cunning twinkle in his eyes, and the brown robes that gave off his allegiance to the Jedi. He was an old family friend of the Everbrights, an ally to her parents during the Clone Wars. The three of them stayed in touch since then, and Amora soon came to know Obi-Wan as a second father.

       Their reunion was cut short, however, as a young boy no older than Amora walked up to Obi-Wan's side with a slight limp. She recognized him as the boy who was thrown into the table only moments ago. He had shaggy blond hair that hung partially over his eyes, which were a dazzling shade of blue, like gorgeous Naboo waves arching gracefully against the sunny skies. They were truly the brightest eyes she had ever seen.

       "I'm alright," he muttered to Obi-Wan before noticing Amora. He ruffled his hair for a second as he tilted his head towards her, eyes widening in surprise as he met the honey-golden irises of a pretty girl.

       "Ben, who's this?" the boy wondered aloud, not looking away from Amora.

       Ben?

       She opened her mouth to answer for herself, but Obi-Wan beat her to it.

       "Luke, this is Amora Everbright, a rebellion commander," he spoke, whispering the last part so that only they could hear him.

       If she thought the boy, Luke, couldn't be anymore surprised, she was wrong. His blue eyes widened even further as straightened his spine and gasped.

       "A rebellion commander?!" Luke practically shouted.

       Amora's eyes widened as well. "Shhh!" she shushed him while waving her arms around frantically. "That's a secret!" She whipped her head around the bar to make sure no one heard.

       "I'm quiet, I'm quiet! Listen to how quiet I am, you can barely hear me," Luke reassured her quickly, lowering his voice dramatically.

       Amora resisted the urge to chuckle at his behavior and brushed off his exclamation. Everyone nearby looked too drunk to even notice.