46 - Placate

Diya pov

Breaking our long kiss he placed his lips on my forehead still breathing heavily which fades on my nose giving the shade of pink to my cheeks without trying much. With much effort, I successfully succeed in not meeting his eyes taking my concentration to his shirt button, but he placed his hand on my chin lifting my face to meet his dark deep eyes, "life long... life long I need to see happiness in this face, making my every promise true I need you to co-operate with me" I gave him a confused smile.

"What do you mean Arju?"

"I need you to accept my bipolar attitude, anger, ego, my decisions to leave from here, this place away from all the relations, everything"

I blinked my eyes trying to get what he is trying to say, leaving everyone? "I accepted your attitude, anger when I married you but leaving from our family... I won't Arju" 

His grip loosed around my waist but before it gets lost I put his hand back on me, "please Arju I can't leave them. Anger for them is blinding your eyes take time, think properly" he shook his head, "I tried but I want to be far" he took a deep breathe, "they didn't trust me" he said, "I too didn't trust you Arju... you forgave me right?" I questioned him.

"But you spoke to me, stopped me and they abandoned me, kept me at dark, never invited me for Advik's engagement, I thought I am their family. Today you saw them right? They made no move making me stay. You can't see from my place. When your only hope is your parents but they throw you on streets accusing you, breaking you... that hurts Diya and Advik, you don't know how much I love him more than you, I trusted his capabilities, his talents when my father did not but what I got in return?" my heart became heavy, "Only hate from him. He is with me for more than 25 years doesn't he know his brother doesn't like to share his problem with others? He doesn't know the 7 years in the business industry I never shared any problem regarding the business with anyone or he doesn't know even once I let anything affect my family? where has his ideal brother gone from his heart?" he stepped away from me.

"I tried my best to keep my weakness safe Diya, I hide the love for my family to the outer world like my father to safeguard them but they found you, that's where my fall started. But my family should understand me right? They should have known their son would never leave a girl for money. Advik should have understood his brother would never hurt his blood when I cried for months failed to save my friend's child" he sat on the mattress gripping his hair.

Taking a seat beside him I placed my hand on his shoulder, "think properly Arjun if they..." he interrupted me, "stop calling me Arjun Diya... it feels foreign" he bashed, "sorry Arju" I smiled at him and continued, "would parents want their son to be away from them? Hear me properly and think on your own. They never said anything to you when you didn't accept me as your wife. They stayed mum when you didn't stop the talks of your engagement with Meera. Because they had trust in their son that he won't let anything happen to his wife, to me. They throw Advik out of the house but not you why?" he has an uninterested look, "That's the trust you are talking about Arju..."

"Stop trying to brainwash me Diya" he tried to stand up but I stopped him moving more close to him rubbing his palm to soothe his anger, "then stop assuming things, a mother would never be happy after getting separated from her children and your father know how much pain you have gone through to keep us safe. Hating our most favorite person who is more valuable than life is the worst feeling in the world but Advik did it for me to keep his word he gave you in protecting me and he proved it right going against you" 

"I feel suffocated being here" he rubbed his face with his palms, "seeing them is hurting me...", "leaving them will hurt me" I won't let you go away from them Arju, "it will hurt me for separating a son from his parents" swiftly he turned to me, "that's not the truth," he said, "but I feel so Arju... before my arrival you all were happy or if I had taken your confession seriously these 7 months would have never made the gap your family"