Six

(This song is 90's grunge rock.)

Benny's POV

We ran toward Squints on the deck of the pool. Jackie, of course, was at the front of our group. Wendy began to do CPR as we all crowded around our lifeless friend. Jackie grabbed onto my arm I grabbed her hand and held it. Wendy continued CPR and mouth to mouth on Squints. The guys and I called to Squints but he didn't respond. Jackie gripped my hand tighter, Yeah-Yeah and Ham grabbed onto her and made whimpering sounds.

"Come on Squints! You can do it! Pull through, bud." Smalls cried out.

Squints still didn't respond. I heard Jackie let out a small cry. I rubbed her back with my other hand.

"Yeah-Yeah he looks pretty crappy," Yeah-Yeah stated.

Jackie hit him in the arm and he winced. Ham chuckled but then stopped realizing it wasn't the time.

"Oh, god, he looks like a dead fish." Bertrum retorted.

Wendy went back to listen if Squints was breathing, and that's when he opened his eyes with the stupidest grin on his face.

"What the actual hell," Jackie growled.

The rest of the boys commented in similar words. He quickly closed his eyes and acted lifeless once more. When Wendy's lips touched Squints, he grabbed her head and kissed her, with tongue.

"Little pervert!" Wendy screamed pulling away for him.

"Oh man, he's in deep shit!" Timmy said.

Wendy pulled Squints up off the ground and dragged him toward the exit. We all chased after him. Except Jackie, she went back to our little area and grabbed our towels, and headed for the changing rooms. Wendy threw Squints out of the entrance and stood there with her hands on her hips.

"And stay out!" she shouted.

She walked away and flipped her ponytail. We grabbed our clothes off the ground and ran off dripping wet into a shortcut to the sandlot.

Jackie's POV

Wendy kicked the boys out of the pool and strode into the changing room. She and I have been friends since I was 6. We knew each other and stayed close after the years. She admitted she kinda had a crush on Squints and it was no question Squints liked her. She walked up to me as I pulled my white t-shirt over my swimsuit. She giggled and smiled.

"OMG!!! Jackie, he kissed!!" she squealed.

"Congrats! Wendy, I think you two would be a great couple. Well, I gotta go and make sure the boys aren't kissing other girls. See ya, Wendy." I responded and headed out of the room.

She bid her goodbyes and went back to work. I walked out of the changing room and headed down the shortcut to the sandlot, my second home. I thought I heard footsteps behind me but I ignored them. I continued to walk and then someone grabbed my wrist. I was whirled around to face the person and two guesses who it was. Phillips.

"Where are you goin' baby?" he asked.

"I'm NOT your BABY," I said coldly.

He took my bag from my hands and threw it to the ground. He grabbed my other wrist with his other hand and pushed me up against an abandoned house's back wall. He pinned my hands above my head. Ok, now I was officially scared. I knew what he was gonna do and I didn't like it one bit.

"Come on Jacklyn. I know you want me as bad as I want you," he whispered in my ear.

I closed my eye as he pressed his cold lips onto my neck. I didn't know what to do! The boys were gone and if I screamed for help no one would hear me. He fluttered kisses down my neck and on my collarbone. He lifted his head and smiled, no more like a smirk.