𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

All the houses were damaged, I can hear the crows cawing in the distance, All I can sense in this place was death. "Where do you think everyone hid?" I asked. Observing the surroundings, it was was horrifying I must say. I don't have any experience going any like what jujutsu sorcerers take: "mission" for my perspective, this is too new to me.

"They would probably hide somewhere below ground," He replied.

"Also, that spirit would be coming here soon. W-w-what should we do?" He stammered. "It would be better if we wait till it comes and uses the moment for you to find them and get them out of here," I respond.

I covered my nose with my handkerchief. Darn, this place stinks like hell. We waited for minutes until everything went quiet, and of a sudden, we hear a low distorted voice.

"C-c-come h-h-h-here and p-play....."

"Be ready," I said warily and the man behind me nod, until a man-like body and the head of the goat while trying to twist its head, his face got three eyes and the tongue of a snake.

I grinned, looks like this is going to take a while to finish this cursed spirit. Before the goat-man landed a big punch, I avoided it with a leap "You have to go now!find the others and get them out!" I shouted.

I crossed my arms and swing it until it hit on the goat-man's arm and create a flame, he can't heal his arms yet. The reason why people can't go out yet it's because they are stuck on his incomplete innate domain and some people don't have cursed energy flowing in their body to escape, I jumped and kick his head and create a huge impact below on his ground.

The goat-man loses his balance, and of a sudden, both of his arms slowly  started heal. "This cursed spirit is troublesome," I muttered. I sighed, I think it is time to use one of my jujutsu cursed techniques... the"Imaginary technique."

Once I used it, It can create an illusion to a certain target until it gives the effect to hurt themselves. This will allow me to knock the goat-man and exorcise him.

I create a hand sign of a butterfly. "Imaginary technique: Lily of the valley" I voiced, until for how many seconds my cursed technique worked on the goat-man.

He sharpened his fingers and stabbed himself with them. I gracefully jumped on and give the goat-man a twist kick.

"Can you talk?" I asked, the goat-man tried to stand but I go near him and decapitate his head with my arms.

"How stupid of me, you can't even communicate." I laughed and facepalmed for asking a stupid question. Oh, well it is time for me to exorcise this before he could heal himself back again.

I stood steady and create another handsign to perform the exorcism. Blue flames started to swirl on him until he gives a roaring sound, he started to twist his own body just to escape the pain "Behave yourself!" I stood still and continue the exorcism.

A minute passed the goat-man's body turned itself into ashes,  until the darkness surrounding the small town slowly disappeared, I can see the moonlight shine on the sky.

I started to move and find the man and it turns out he found them and help the injured one "I-its her!" The man said, everyone looked at me and they bowed in front of me. "Thank you for helping us! We don't know what we can owe you!" All of them said in a unison.

I feel flattered at their praises "It's nothing... I did what's right to make you all safe." I fidgeted with embarrassment. Hours later, I decided to help around for a while to heal the injured ones until a group of unexpected visitors came.

My eyes widen, it's my father's group. "Please tell the family head that I have already done my job and left," I begged the man and quickly left out of the scene.

I ran away through the cliff near the hilltop so that they can't see me and of a sudden Naka jumped over and blocked my way "Lady Y/n, did you know how big the trouble you have caused?" She glared at me "At least I could go back home safe without injuries on my body." I retort.

"Naka, I know you're upset because I left without telling you," I added with a frown look. "But how come you know that I'm here?"

"Your father told me to go and find you first before them," she replied. "Well... just tell father that before you arrived at the small town, you already heard the townspeople that a lady exorcised the cursed spirit and quickly left" I laughed nervously.

She chuckled "Fine, I will" I approached her and decided to hug her, and for a second, a sudden sharp object pierced my stomach

"W-w-what?" I touched the wound and I can see blood on my hand. I looked at Naka with a horrifying look, she gives me a satisfying smile "If you don't want to be the heir to the clan, then just die already." She whispered in my right ear. I looked at her to see her grinning, my blood dripping on the sharp blade, she took off a small necklace and she trickled the blood inside on a small bottle necklace and she wore it.

"I'll take back what's rightfully mine."

She touches my shoulder and pushed me onto the cliff. All I can feel on my body was a heaviness, I feel numb.

Did Naka betray me?

Yes, she did.

As I fall on the cliff, my body hit several rocks and my vision went dark.

◇◇◇

"Sir, I can't find her," Naka said with a hopeless tone. "What did the townspeople say?" Y/n's father asked, "They said a fair lady exorcised the cursed spirit and quickly left." Naka answered.

I underestimated my daughter's ability to fight, Y/n's father thought. And suddenly the guards report that they can't find the footprints, after an hour of the search there's no clue where Y/n went.

Y/n's father sighed and decided to give up, everyone agrees that they should just wait for her to return home again.

Naka secretly smiled with satisfaction but she regretted what she did but this is for revenge for her father.

End of Chapter 3

(A/n: I'm not good at writing ;-; but I'm trying my best to write some action but I tried my best anyway TOT. I'm sorryyyyy🙇‍♀️ But I hope you enjoy it!)