Chapter 117

Chapter 117

AMBER'S POV

*One Week Later*

I was cleaning the barn a bit when I heard boots walk in. I looked up to see Caige with his hands in his pockets. He had on a plaid, button down shirt and blue jeans with brown cowboy boots. I ran to him and hugged him tightly, Caige hugging me back.

"You actually came!"

"Of course." He said with a smile. I smiled back and kissed him passionately.

"You look cute like this." I said, looking at his outfit.

"It's comfortable but I'll take my converse and band shirts any day." He said and I laughed.

"Well, do you want to go riding today?"

"That's why I'm here."

"Okay, I just need to finish cleaning the barn and then I can clock out."

"Alright, do you need help?"

"No, just do something to keep yourself busy for the next five minutes." I said and he nodded.

***

I finished cleaning and Caige followed me into the building to clock out.

"Nancy, I'm going to go riding with Caige." I called.

"Okay." She said as we left. I pointed to a horse and he walked up to it's pen.

"Do you remember anything?"

"Kinda." He said and I chuckled. I walked in and saddled the horse up for him, bringing him out of his pen.

"This is Thunder." I said and Caige smiled. He put one foot in the stirup and pulled himself over.

"God, this brings back memories." He laughed and I nodded. I ran over to my horse and saddled her up, climbing on her back and leading Caige out of the barn. We went past the riding area and out into the field that surrounded the farm. We stopped once we were pretty far out and got off the horses, laying down in the grass. Caige grabbed my hand and sighed, looking up at the sky.

"It's so peaceful." He said.

"Yeah."

"Remember when we kissed out here?" He asked, looking over at me.

"Yeah." I said with a smile. He came closer to me and pulled me close, cuddling with me. He grabbed my chin and passionately kissed me. We made out for a litle while before pulling away.

"It's getting dark, we should probably get home." I said and Caige agreed. We got up and got back on our horses, riding them back to the barn. I took care of my horse while Caige took care of Thunder. We walked out and I locked up the barn, following Caige out to the parking lot.

"I'll see you at the apartment?" I asked and he nodded. I hugged him and got in my car. Today was a good day.

**********************************************************************************

I'm going to try to end this book soon. Would you like a sequel?

Listening to These Are My People~ Rodney Atkins

5 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER