Chapter 43 - Worth It?

Tris

I feel my clothes partially cut and torn around my body.

I feel blood on every inch of my body from being beaten up in so many different ways. Every inch is sore, some spots worse than others though.

It's not that I can't open my eyes, it's the fact that I don't want to. I'm scared of my surroundings.

And the people in my surroundings...

I feel myself start to shake unintentionally. It sounds like everyone swarmed around me again. I can feel not only all of their eyes on me, but their hands on every inch of my body; and not in a comforting way.

A loud whimper or whine escapes my mouth. I don't think I've ever been so terrified. Only if this was a simulation...

Sadly, even I know it's not a simulation. If it was, I could find a way to escape.

But there's no way to escape reality; it's impossible.

You can wish and hope to escape reality, but there's no way out.

These people. They are just punching me, slapping me, and everything in between.

There's nothing else I can do for the pain, so I just scream at the top of my lungs as loud as I can.

I let all of my pain, terror, fear, regret, hope, and air out in that one loud, long scream. It's all I can do. Everything continues though, but I'm not surprised. They aren't going to stop; especially for a little girl's scream of pain. They don't care; and I don't expect them too.

"Hey. Hey! HEY! Get off of her! Everyone! Right now! I told you idiots, she's done for the day! Let her go and put those clothes back on her! She's going back to her cell!" I hear a voice I recognize as David's yell. Almost immediately all of the hands leave my body. I sigh a sigh of pain but relief.

Everything is throbbing. Some body parts more than others, but all in all, I'm in pure pain.

I hear voices yelling and people moving, but they're all muffled and all I hear is my deep breathing. I'm sure my vision would be spinning, but my eyes are closed so tightly still that I don't see the room and no light seeps through my eyelids. The darkness is comforting; well, more comforting than the people in this room and everything in the room.

I feel my body trembling and my breaths getting heavier. I think that I may be crying, but I'm not too sure. I can't comprehend much right now other than my breathing, the person putting clothes on me, and the darkness my eyes are creating. Everything else is a blur of terror and pain.

Soon enough, someone is unlatching the shackles from the wall. They take them completely off my bare ankles, but replace the ones on my wrists with handcuffs in front of me. They push me up against the wall but I stay laying against it; my eyes still closed.

But what scares me most is that like my mother, they left me wearing no bra or underwear.

I tell myself not to think about that, but I can help the thought haunting me in the back of my mind.

"I'll take her down." I hear David grumble. I hear footsteps coming toward me and before my brain even processes them my eyes fly open and I try to get away to the corner of the room. I don't make it far because of my hands tied together and only being able to use one leg.

David snickers and keeps walking toward me. I keep trying to get to the corner.

"Please no. Please no. Please don't. Please, don't. Please! No! Dont! Please! No! Please no!" I ramble as I crawl. The words seem to just slip out of my mouth.