Chapter 12~ Things get Shady~

"Lady ________... Shade's condition is-"

Sebastian pauses and clears his throat. "Shade is doing alright." I feel myself burst with happiness. My trusty butler is doing alright. "Would you like to see him?"

"Yes please Sebastian..."

"Alright lady ________, please follow me."

I follow Sebastian up the stairs and then to the left, into a large, unused guest room. I look to the bed and see shade bandaged, his damaged flesh looking a little odd.

I run to him with great relief.

His smiling face greets me warmly like always.

"Hello... ________" his pained tone gets to me, but I'm happy to see he isn't as bad as he was before. I hug shade lightly as not to hurt him. Shade hugs me back. He does weakly.

"________.... there's something I need to tell you... but I don't know how to break it to you..."

I look at him in confusion.

"When your mother and father died... I was in the carriage with them. I was the only survivor..."

Now I'm left in confusion, why would shade be in the carriage? Was he my mother and fathers butler? No that couldn't be! He's too young!! After all, he is 6 whole years older than me.

"________ I...." his eyes tightly close shut as he remembers something terrible. "I'll tell you in the future... when I feel better... "

Shade's POV~

I can't tell her. Not just yet. I probably shouldn't have brought it up. I just want her to he safe. One day I'll tell her, when I'm well, so then she can be angry at me then. I'd rather take the slap later than now. Even though she's never hit me, I fear she might get so angry as to do so.

________'s POV

I'm thrown into confusion. What's up with Shade?

Ciel quietly steps into the room.

"________.... Sebastian made some earl grey tea, would.you like some?"

"No thank you Ciel..." my concern is filling enough.

Ciel pats my shoulder lightly and then walks out with a simple "alright thank you."

After that I sit at the edge of Shade's bed and gently shake my head in confusion. Shade takes my hand slowly and gently. His warm hand is protective, even if he's hurt, he seems to care. Not as a lover but as family. He's always been so close to me. What could he be hiding?

Shade gently shakes so I put a sheet on him and pet him lightly to relax him. He always relaxes when being pet. Shades eyes slowly close and his determined facial expression fades. His gentle breathing slows.

I hear him sigh in contentment.

I quietly get up as he falls asleep. The thing that can't get off my mind is what he could be hiding this whole time. Could he be anything more than a butler?

Oooooo I didn't even need to fis anything in this chapter! YUS *flails*

Stay fabulous!~