Chapter 3 - Meeting Spencer

“Hi! Spencer, right?” Oh God, real smooth Sierra. I laugh shakily. 

Oh dear, my hands are starting to sweat. Pull yourself together woman!

Spencer chuckles and crosses the room so he is standing beside me. He's wearing button fly distressed jeans, with a plain white t-shirt that fits him perfectly. 

He extends his hand. His voice warm and deep.

“We haven't been formally introduced, I’m Spencer Pierce, and you are Sierra…?” I shake his hand – his hand was warm, and completely enveloped mine.

God, I hope he doesn't notice my sweaty palms. 

“Hayer. Sierra Hayer.” I know I’m blushing furiously as I can feel my face getting hotter by the second. 

I look around, trying to focus on anything but Spencer. I check the time again. Shit, I need to start. I whirl around and grab his first outfit from where I placed it my bed.

As I gather them, It's like I can feel his eyes on me. Scaning me. I've been checked out before, but somewhow I am fully aware of every movement Spencer makes. 

This is ridiculous - I've literally met him 2 minutes ago. Snap out of it, Sierra!

I lightly chide myself and place the white button down shirt and black chinos he had to be fitted for, in his outstretched arms.

“Here, try these on. Please feel free to change in my bathroom.” I point to toward the bathroom door on the other side of my suite.

I turn around abruptly, avoiding Spencer's gaze and began arranging Spencer’s second outfit. 

I notice Spencer still standing behind me, so I turn around to ask him if anything was the matter. My question is on the tip of my tongue, when I turn around and see Spencer standing there.

In. His. Boxers.

My mouth goes dry and I try to slow my rapid heart rate. Spencer was fit, to say the least. I took in his six pack, toned legs and arms.

Oh God, I was staring.

I quickly look away and started to pretend to fuss over his other outfit. I could practically hear Spencer’s grin growing on his face. Shit, he caught me.

I turn around and take a deep breath, trying to quiet the rapid sound of my heart beating against my rib cage.

“Uhm, Sierra. Could you help me with this?” I looked at him and he gestured to the buttons on his shirt he had put on. 

Let me fill you in on what you in on what I'm seeing. A gorgeous 21 year old man, with a body so beautiful it actually makes my knees wobble - who is currently, only wearing his chinos and has his shirt unbottoned, where I can see chest. A very manly, very sculpted chest.  

Now, you get the picture. Gulp. 

He was looking down at me smiling boyishly. He was totally enjoying this. I licked my lips and forced myself to look away and seem unfazed by the delicious boy standing a few steps from me. 

I make my voice light. “Oh Spencer, I’m sure you can manage on our own. Let me get you a jacket to put on top.”

I reach over and picked out a black leather jacket that I know would make Spencer look devishly handsome.

As I turn around, I notice Spencer’s shirt was buttoned and he had taken a few more steps toward me. So when I turned around I bumped into his hard chest.

He smelled of fresh laundry and the new Ralph Lauren Polo cologne. I stumbled a little and he grabbed my elbows, steadying me. 

With a smile playing on his lips, and my hands fisted on his chest, trying to steady myself - my gaze locks with his. His eyes are a deep blue, with flecks of grey in it. 

You're staring again, God damnit Sierra!

I immediately stepped out of his hold, and focus on the leather jacket in my hands.

“Uh, thanks. Sorry about that.” I mumbled. I look back up at him and caught him staring back at me with a sly smile.

But continued to say nothing. Well that was weird.

He slipped on his jacket and stood by an empty wall so I could snapshots of his outfit.

For the next few outfits he tried on, he didn’t say a word. He tried catching my eye and when he did, he would always smile. I always tried looking away – but I’m sure the bright pink hue my face responded with had given me away.

When we finally got through all ten outfits – it was an hour and a half later. Spencer had just finished changing back into the clothes he came with, as I was just hanging up the last shirt he had tried on. He walked over to me and stopped only inches away. I looked up and him.

“Well, I hope to see you around Sierra.” He said slyly. I would see his (now) signature boyish grin playing on his lips. He knew exactly what he was doing.

“Yup. Sure. See you around Spencer.” I tried to play it cool, I really did – but I could tell he could see right through me. He chuckled and as he turned to leave I felt his hand brush mine. My heart stopped for a split second and started beating incessantly. Keep it together, Hayer. Gesh.

Spencer’s hand was on the knob of my suite door when he turned around.

“Sierra?” I looked at him and gulped.

“Yes?” My voice was shakey.

“I’ll let Graeme know he can come. Okay?” I nodded and turned around remembering I still had Graeme to take care of. Spencer opened the door and let it fall silently behind him. I let out the huge breath I had been holding in and flopped on my bed. I needed to keep it together. 

So what if Spencer was gorgeous? So what if he smiled at me? Nothing was happening here, it was all in my head. All. In. My. Head.

“Focus, Sierra.” I said to outloud. I needed to stop thinking about Spencer. Nothing was going to stand in between me and my job. All I needed was to focus.

I heard a light knock on my door – it was time to move on and do my job. I took a deep shaky breath in and let it out.

“Come in!” 

Comment, Vote and Share! - Let me know what you think :)

- Kay x