TWENTY

༛༺༻༛
Spotify playlist linked in bio
༛༛ ༛༺༻༛ ༛༛

Eliza's pov

Friday approached faster than I wanted it to. I have spent the past two days playing this game and winning it. I've done well to avoid Draco but at the same time aggravate him and from a distance wind up all his emotions. I have skipped a few lessons, telling the professors that I haven't been feeling well and they believed me.

But the tough truth was that I didn't like people seeing me like this.

Tonight is the Hufflepuff party and I don't want to go. I don't want to find out whatever Cedric had planned and I definitely don't want to do anything with him.

He isn't the one I want.

I walked down the corridors having just left the abandoned toilets where I'd been hiding away when I round the corner and bump into Cedric. I stumbled back but his hand was quick to catch my fall. I force a smile on my lips.

Why am I always bumping into people?

"Careful," he chuckled, "you almost hurt yourself."

I laughed, awkwardly, "thanks for catching me."

I attempted to walk away but again, his hand stopped me, grabbing my forearm with a little too much force but he was quick to turn his rough grip into a gentle one, "Don't run off too fast."

I step back, smile and meet his handsome eyes once more.

"I'll see you tonight, yeah?" he raised his brows and I heard his friends start to converse, I looked over his shoulder, curious and saw the four of them smirking at me.

"Yeah," I smiled and I felt very uncomfortable. I don't think I liked being bold and noticed, I wanted to be a shadow again.

But I've ruined everything. I've fucked up everything over something so stupid and I can't stop.

"Good, I'm looking forward to it," his grin widened and I felt sticky and disgusting with all this makeup on my face. I felt like a whore with my skirt rolled up so high.

How do I get out of this?

I want to be a shadow again.

"Yeah, me too," I stepped away, "but I have a lesson to get to. . . so I'll just see you later?"

"Yeah, of course," he said and finally released me from his grip having believed my lie.

I walked away a little too quickly and felt the tears falling before I knew they had wet my eyes. I'm such an idiot. And then, to make my day worse, I saw Draco staring at me from the end of the corridor. Oh, how badly I wanted to run into his arms but he probably hated me now.

He was too far away to see my silly tears and I didn't want to talk to him so I quickly turned and walked into the girl's bathroom.

The quietness of the large room comforted me and I let my tears fall freely. I braced my hands on the sink and didn't dare look into my reflection. I would only see a whore looking back at me. I am no whore.