BACKGROUND STORY (for those who haven't seen the movie)

*N.A: IF YOU HAVE SEEN THE MOVIE "KING ARTHUR" RELEASED IN 2004, THEN YOU CAN SKIP THIS PART :)

Hi, this section is for those who haven't seen the movie. I thought that they could read the story too if they like, so I'll explain the historical background so you get and idea, and then you can read it not as a fanfic, but as any comon novel.

The movie is based on historians' theories. The theory is based under the premise that the Arthurian legends of the famous King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table of Camelot are based in a real figure that existed in the Dark Ages of the Roman Empire.

This Empire decided to invade a vast territory inhabited by numerous tribes of warriors and riders; called Sarmatia. Currently, this area corresponds to most countries of Eastern Europe and the Near East. The Sarmatians, being fierce warriors, fought back, causing a war of many years. Finally, the only survivors of the powerful army of horsemen were members of the Sarmatian cavalry. Seeing their courage and skills, the Romans decided to spare their lives and enslave them for their own purposes. In every generation that was born, the Empire claimed the first male heir descendant of those Sarmatian knights and took them away for fifteen year service so they'd ward guard the roman borders.

The story focouses on the latest generation of these warriors, who are taken to Britain, to protect the border marked by Hadrian's Wall and defend it from the Celts who lived in the north . The Sarmatian group was led by a Roman centurion named Arthur Castus Pendragon, son of a Roman soldier and a native woman. Throughout their service, many Sarmatian knights died at the numerous battles against the Celts; and by the end of their service only six soldiers remain alive: Dagonet, Bors, Tristan, Galahad, Gawain and Lancelot.

These are not like the classical characters of the legend, but are much more human, with as many faults as virtues. They are fierce men, crude and marked by years of battle. Bors is no saint, and Galahad is not Lancelot's son, but almost his same age. Each of these men has suffered and has a sinful side, but also share part of the Arthurian legends' discription.

With that, I think you know enough of the background story so you can start reading :) The main character, a girl named Devnet, is entirely of my own invention, and inserted in the best way so she would fit with the rest of the characters. I hope you enjoy it and if you still have any doubts, do not hesitate to ask, lovelies <3

-Lacrimeah.