19 | ᴅ ɪ ᴄ ɪ ᴀ ɴ ɴ ᴏ ᴠ ᴇ

My jaw was clenching and unclenching from the anxious feeling that grew in me with each passing second

My hand was sweating profusely while my hair probably looking greasy from how many times I ran my hand through it. The piece of paper in my hand was scrambled from the harshness of a hold I held him in.

Fear, a feeling that I didn't felt for a long time left a disgusting taste on my tongue. My eyes stayed glued on the hallway floor, and I couldn't bring myself to look away from the pool of blood where till now was laying a pale body of a blond girl.

"Capo," One of our men came to stand next to me with Marino trailing behind him. My breathing was erratic ever since I found the body and I couldn't stop it because of the panic in my lungs.

The moment the realization of what is happening hit me I called Marino and a couple of the guys that worked for us. Panic and terror gripped my insides as I couldn't find Leticia anywhere.

"The body is here for quite some time, maybe even 24 hours. I can't tell that for sure because I didn't bring the equipment but it's not fresh. On the other hand for your concern, the injuries show that all of this blood is indeed hers. There is not that much blood that would indicate that there is more than one body."

"Do you have any idea where she could be?" Marino questioned as he looked at the pool of blood in the hallway.

"No.." I groaned rubbing my face tiredly, "Where the fuck is she?" Craning my neck I looked at the blood smeared over the wall opposite us. 'Where the fuck are you, Luce Mia?'

"Give me that paper.." Marino said snatching the paper from my hold, frowning he read through the words before he lifted his eyes on me. "Antonio, give us a moment." His steady gaze was on me till the guy didn't walk away and only then did he turned the paper towards me.

-   -   -   -   -
Hacer amigos, amor?
(Making friends love?)
-   -   -   -   -

"Is there anything I should know?" Questioning he stepped closer to me as guys carried the girl's body out.

Folding my arms over my chest I looked at him "I don't know. She... she said a couple of stuff last night."
"What kind of stuff?"

"She was in Spain." Bitting the insides of my cheek I averted my eyes on the floor feeling ashamed of my next words. Ashamed because I couldn't stop her. Ashamed because I couldn't protect her.

"She got married to some guy because he threatened that he would kill all of us."

Marino's demeanor changed into one of confusion. Taking a step back he looked at me warily before words fell from his lips. "W-what?"

"To protect us she went with him. Or something like that, she didn't tell me a full story last night. All I realized is that he forced her to go with him and then he treated her like shit, but she didn't tell me anything else because she was bawling her eyes out last night. That's why I'm here." I groaned pulling on my hair, "This morning we fought and she ran away. Well, not really a fight I confronted her to tell me more but she just... she.. ran."