{Chapter 11}

I quickly changed into something comfy.
Either way, I don't have much variety in my closet, so what I chose to wear was just plain jeans with an oversized hoodie.

Not that it's cold outside but anyway.

I lightly did my make-up and quickly tied my hair up in a bun and that's it. I'm ready to go.

I stepped out of my room, grabbed my bag and keys and headed to the front door to leave for work.
"Ready to go already?", Felix came from behind me along with the boys.

"Yeah. I'll be back before noon so I won't be able to cook for you.", I told them concerned.

Concerned for two things.

Firtsly, because I feel like a very bad landlady.

And secondly, I don't really feel at peace at the thought of them cooking while im not around.

"Nah it's okay we can manage. Either we'll order something or cook ourselves if you don't mind.", he replied.

I do, but it's okay. It's StrayKids.

"Oh no I don't mind at all. But just a warning. Try not to burn the whole house down please.", I chuckled, but for real though I'm concerned.

Hopefully I will find my house as it is...

They laughed as a respond.
"Yeah that...we'll probably order then.", Chan said while rubbing the back of his neck and smiling nervously.
"Anyways I'm off now. See you later guys!"
I waved at them with a big smile and made my way to the door.

"Bye bye darling, take care!", Minho sounded more motherly-like than my grandma. I gave him a last smile and left.

Once I was out of my house, I picked up my speed and started walking. I seriously don't want to leave them alone. I love their company but I have responsibilities as well. I just hope that they will be okay. I can't even check up on them. I don't have their phone number or something, but either way, I couldn't ask for such thing. They're idols after all.

About 10 minutes later I arrived at my workplace and entered in. Instantly, the sweet smell of sugar cookies and warm fresh coffee hit my nostrils.

I don't like coffee but that specific smell is heaven to my nose. It's just such a nostalgic and familiar scent.

"Goodmorning miss Emily!", I greeted my boss. A sweet middle aged woman that I've known her since I was a baby and she thinks of me as her her daughter.
"Goodmorning sweetie, how was your weekend?", she happily responded with a sweet smile. Her and my granny are a mother figure to me and I love them with my whole heart.
"Ah you know, the usual. Nothing worth mentioning." I awkwardly laughed while thinking of what is currently going on in my house.

Ahha...ahha...ah.

thE uSuAl.

JUsT yOuR tYpIcAl IdolS hAnGinG aRoUnD yOuR hOuSe.

She just looked at me and smiled as a response.
"Now now go wear you apron and start working! Chop chop young lady.", yeah she's a bit bossy but I love that thing about her. She's a very strong and independent woman.

So without further ado, I started doing my job.

____

Surprisingly, the day went by quickly and soon enough I would be heading home. It's currently 4:30 p.m. and my shift will be over in 30 minutes.

Gosh I'm exhausted.

It's not a hard job to do, but running around to take and give orders is definitely energy-draining and my feet are killing me right now. I should be used to that by now but my lazy self is not an athlete.