It's just the Beginning

My mobile bleeps at me, I've got a text.  I go pick it up to see an unknown number, and all it says is.

"Hello."

I look at my phone strangely.  Quickly I research the number through a program I had made, it comes up with..  Nothing.  Absolutely nothing.  My brows scrunch up, and I glare at the screen with frustration, clearing not understanding how my program couldn't find the origin of the number. 

Wait.

It's not over.

I thought it was.

Why do I have to be so incredibly wrong?

I hold my head in my hands for a short while without looking up, I sink deeper into my chair.  When I do finally look up though, Sherlock's looking at me with thought.  He's trying to read me.  He can't though, not really.

"Anistyn?"  He queries.

"Yes?"  I answer looking at him with a plain face, instead of the distressed one that painted it moments ago.  Sherlock tilts his head slightly.

"What's wrong."

"Nothing much."  I reply, then going back onto my phone, I type in a message to the sender of the mysterious text. 

"This is just the beginning, isn't it."

I wait for the response to come, but it doesn't.  It leaves me in suspense.  I look around the room in a daze, not knowing what to do.  Sherlock's now holding his violin, plucking the strings in thought, no surprise there; and Ivory is sitting next to Sherlock, on the backrest of his chair.  a buzz in my hand startles me, I look down to see a new text.  Opening it I silently gasp.

"Either work with me, and betray your brothers' trust.  Or have them killed." 

Immediately I know who it is, the person who abducted me, and now sending me texts.  Moriarty.  But why would he want me to work with him?  To go against my brothers'?  Most likely.  But it would be their blood on my hands if I don't.  I quickly type back a reply, and send the text I most despise.

"I'll work with you Moriarty, just leave my family out of this."

I set my phone down quickly, not wanting to have it buzz in my hands, but it does buzz quietly against the table.  A smiley face is the reply, and a picture of a map.  I have to meet him at St. Barts.  On the roof, where he forced my brother to jump.  I get up quickly and place my real phone into a secret compartment in my room, and grab a burner phone I always have laying around just in case.  Pulling on my coat I exit the flat, go out the front door, and out into the streets of London to call a cab.

_________________________

I push the door to the roof open in a haste, the first thing I notice is the barrel of a sniper rifle pointed at me from the opposite roof.  The next, is Moriarty at the very edge of the roof, looking down at the passerby's on the pavement below.

"You're smarter than your brothers."  He calmly states.

"Most of the time."  I harshly reply.

"Don't be rude, it won't help you out."  He snaps back at me, and I become quiet.  But I hate it.  Being quiet to an enemy, "You're going to keep an eye on both your brothers and tell me their weaknesses and soft spots.  If you don't..  Well I can find that information another way, but that will result in their deaths.  Don't tell them I have contacted you either, their deaths will be certain then."  He continues, and I glare holes into the back of the man's head.  There's no way out, he'll have people watching me at all times, making sure I don't tell them....  Or there is a way out...

"There's nothing you can do to get out of this Anistyn."  He sings in a sickly sweet voice, I scowl at him.

"I'll find a way, you're messing with the wrong person."

"Ooooooh interesting word choice...  I thought you would be cold-hearted like Sherlock, but you aren't.  Your just a person.  Fragile.  Breakable.  Easily manipulated."  He sneers.

"You don't know me."

"I can play these games all day my dear!" 

"But can you win?  That's the real question.  If you're playing with a professional, then you're just an amateur.  Weak."  I click my tongue, finally in my element, because I have the upper hand now.  He finally turns around to me, his eyes narrow while scouring mine.

"This is a game, and I've made the rules, I know how to play."

"Child's play, that's all this is.  Your a mouse trying to catch a cat, and let me inform you, incase you didn't realize.  You're on the wrong playing field."

"You need incentive then." He pulls out his phone, taps on it a few times then shows me the screen.  On it, is a live stream of the window looking into the flat I share with my brother.  The camera is focused in on my brother, suddenly a bullet flies through the window, shattering the glass and making a home in the wall opposite Sherlock.  "The next one won't miss."  Moriarty warns.

I look at him, my expression unreadable, gears turning in my head, "I'll work with you."  Then I turn sharply to exit the roof, but a hand grabs my arm, "What." I say sharply, not turning around.

"No one can know you work for me now.  Not Molly Hooper.  Not Greg Lestrade.  No one, or you know what will happen."

"Don't remind me, I'll be going now."  I murmur then leave the roof and the hospital.  Heading back into the flat Sherlock is still in his chair, only now looking at me with mistrust.  I stare right back him with the same expression, then I quickly scan the room as I always do.  My eyes catch the bullet hole in the wall opposite Sherlock that I saw on Moriarty's live stream.

"What happened here?"  I question my brother, pointing at the hole, but he just looks at it carefully then gets up and goes to the kitchen for experiments as I presume. 

"Where did you go?"  He ignores my question.

"Why do you always have to know?"  I scowl, but Sherlock just turns arpund and looks at me, waiting for a reply and not having to force information.

"I went to have a chat with Molly, we've had a lot to catch up on."  I partly lie, I was at St. Barts- where Molly usually is -but I wasn't talking to Molly, I had to talk to a more vicious creature.  My brother just narrows his eyes, trying to see through my half lie, though it's in vain as I'm a very skilled liar.

A/N  Hello everyone, I must apologize wholeheartedly for not updating for such a long period of time.  So I'll try to update more frequently like before, but maybe not as much, as it was every three days.  I would also like the thank each and everyone of you reading, voting, and commenting it means so much to me.  Thanks!