🍃Fourty-Two🍃

At around seven pm when I had just driven from Rey's house with David, I got a call from a concerned Alex. He said that Yara had to do an emergency c section, because there was an accident on her way to work. Because it was late I couldn't drive there now and I would come over in the morning.

"Mommy?" David asked as I rummaged through my bag for keys.

"Yes David?"

"Where do babies come from?" He asked me.

"I'll tell you when you go inside. Just let me find the keys." I told him going back to my car to see if I left it there.

"Mommy the key was on the counter at Daddy's house." David told me when I went to the back door.

"Did you pick it up?" I asked but he shook his head no.

Just my luck the back door was also closed. So I tried my bedroom window, which was surprisingly open. My room should be filled with mosquitoes by now. After putting David through the window I made my way through and the lights were turned on.

"What are you doing?" My father asked.

"She left the keys." David answered for me.

"You could have knocked on the front door." He told me after I stumbled into my room.

"I thought you were with Malik." I said even though that was not true.

"Mhm." He said leaving me in the room dragging David away with him.

Rey's POV

I've been here over five years, and hadn't heard anything about my uncle. But that didn't mean I didn't forget the thing with my old friend from the gym. My father even gave me the ok to change it when he was leaving.

Who was my uncle? He was my mother's first lover, but then my mother met my father and had me. My uncle was a sick bastard who couldn't handle rejection. He's the one who caused my mother's death also.

How is he dangerous? Well Francisco Lopez, my grandfather, did some illegal business. Killing, drug selling, holding people hostage and so on. Basically what I'm saying was my grandfather ran a mafia and wanted to give it to his eldest son, my father. But he was the only good apple in the lot and declined so it was given to my uncle. And because he didn't grow over the fact that he was rejected he used the power he now had to cause my father pain. If you love someone I don't see why on earth you'd pay somebody to rape them and kill them. My father feared he'd come after me next so as soon as I was off the age of consent, I was thrown into a new country with my sisters with a whole new identity.

There was a creak coming from my back door which brought me from my thoughts. My sister's had gone away when our parents did, so I knew for a fact that wasn't them. I stayed where I was until I heard it creak again. Getting up I walked through the kitchen to the back, turning on the light to see what was around here. A cat meows then goes through the open back door. There was nothing out of the ordinary except the cat and the open door.

I looked around one more time making sure everything was as it usually was, then saw a picture on the ground. I took it up of course. It was a picture of David and Grace walking into her hotel while he was sipping on a juice box. On the back of it was handwriting.

"He looks so much like her."

An
Sorry for the late update, hope you enjoyed this chapter, there's like 10 left before I complete the book so I'll try to update more frequently. Have a blessed day and stay safe 💕