9 - Gryffindor Vs Slytherin

The school was abuzz with the anticipation of another quidditch match, the school was split in two, most people were supporting Gryffindor, the Slytherins were decked out in their house colours.

Melody and her friends strode into the Great Hall smiles on their faces as they chatted happily too each other, Alex and Olivia were covered in red and gold, 'you look ridiculous,' Melody laughed at them.

'No, we're supportive,' Alex quipped back, 'you are a downer.'

The three laughed and went to sit next to Cedric who was attempting to put some red and gold face paint on his cheeks. 'Come here,' Olivia laughed helping him to neaten up the smudges.

'You look boring,' Cedric told her matter of factly,

'The only team I support is my own,'

'Hmmm sure,' Ced laughed at her.

Alex scoffed, 'yeah, she just doesn't want Wood to think he's won her over,'

'Shut up,' she said through a spoonful of cereal.

The group made their way out to the quidditch pitch, Melody split off from the crowd and made her way down to the tents wanting to see Harry.

'Hey Harry,' she smiled at the small child, the boys face lit up when he saw her, she chuckled and pulled him into a hug ruffling his hair.

'What you doing here lass?' an all to familiar voice asked from behind the boy, 'came to wish me luck?'

'Came to wish Harry luck,' she corrected meeting his eyes.

'Feeling nervous are ya lad?' he asked the child dropping down to his level.

'Yeah,' he admitted,'

'Don't worry I felt that way before my first match,' he comforted.

'What happened?' Harry asked,

'Took a bludger to the head two minutes in and was unconscious for a week.'

'Courtesy of me,' Melody chimed in.

'But you're a keeper,' Harry mused,

'Yeah, a keeper with a bit of a short fuse,' Oliver added,

'Wasn't my finest moment,' Melody agreed with a chuckle.

The three laughed quietly pleased to see the youngest among them relaxing.

'Gonna be cheering me on are ya lass?'

'You wish,' she scoffed walking away with a wink.

'Oi Malfoy, Zabini,' Melody shouted at the two small Slytherins, 'got any more badges,' the two handed them over confused.

'Thought you'd be rooting for Gryffindor,' the blonde one said,

'Nah want Slytherin to win, you'll be easier for me to beat,' she smirked as she walked away from the pair and made her way back to ger friends slipping it on to her robes.

'Here they are, Captain Wood, leading a good-looking team there's, Spinett, Bell, Johnson, Weasley and Weasley then the youngest Seeker in a century, Harry Potter.

Flints got Bletchley, Pucey, Montague, Derrick, Bole, and Higgs.

Don't think we'll be seeing any hugs between the captains this time,' Lee announced watching the two captains attempt to break each other's hands as they shook them.

'And they're off, the quaffle was taken by the Slytherins, that's Adrian Pucey speeding off toward the goalposts, but he's blocked by a second bludger sent his way by Fred or George Weasley, can't tell which nice play by the Gryffindor beater, anyway, and Johnson back in possession of the quaffle, a clear field ahead and off she goes she's really flying dodges a speeding bludger the goalposts are ahead come on, now, Angelina. Keeper Bletchley dives misses and Gryffindors Score!"

The crowd erupted into cheers despite herself Melody was cheering alongside them.

'Nice badge Fawley,' Oliver Wood shouted as he shot past to block a goal attempt from Graham Montague. She couldn't help but smile at him and cheer at his block.

'What's going on with Harry?' Cedric asked, pointing to the small child who was flailing around gripping desperately onto his broom.

'Oh my god,' the girls screamed,

'He's gonna break his neck,'

The Weasley twins were desperately trying to pull him onto their brooms but the Slytherins had taken advantage of the lack of beaters and were scoring on them.

'Wood,' Melody bellowed into the stand, 'sort out your team,'

'How do you suggest?' he snipped back desperately trying to fend off multiple goals. Just as Melody was about to shout at him the teachers stand burst into flames. The disruption allowed Harry to get back onto his broom, Gryffindor was seriously behind, 10-60.

Potter needed to get the snitch and he needed to get it now, it was clear that Harry knew this he darted around the stadium him and Terence spotting the snitch at the same time.

'They've seen the snitch, both seekers are off, and Flint sends a bludger, that's illegal, Miss.' Lee bellowed,

'He's still going Potters almost there; he's standing on the edge of his broom and-'

'Oh my god,' the people to her left muttered, 'he's gonna be sick,'

'I cannot believe it,' Lee announced, 'Potters caught the snitch and Gryffindor win 170 -60,'

The noise was paramount everyone except the Slytherins were up on their feet screaming, 'let's go,' Cedric cheered grabbing Melody's arm and pulling her onto the pitch.

'Well done Harry,' Melody shouted over the noise pulling Harry into a hug and spinning him around causing the pair to laugh. From the corner of her eye, she could see Cedric and Katie hugging, something she'd have to ask him about later.

'You need to choose your loyalties, Fawley,' Oliver said coming over to her with a smirk, 'for a Slytherin supporter you seem pretty pleased with my win.'

'Oh get off your high horse Oliver I just wanted to congratulate you,' she laughed at him holding out her hand to shake.

Oliver grabbed her hand and laughed at her, 'oh come here you idiot,' he laughed pulling her into a hug. Melody flinched at the action but relaxed into the hug, this was the first time that she wasn't having a meltdown or completely pissed, that they'd ever really touched.

'Well done Wood,' she whispered into his ear,

'Thank you, Mel,' his breath left a trail of goosebumps over her neck.

'I can't wait too beat you,' she smiled pulling away from him, with a smirk.

'You're partying with us tonight are you?'

'Obviously,' she replied with a smile,

'Let's keep you a bit more sober this time,' he smirked at her,

'oi, you were just as bad as me Ollie Bear,'

'Who kissed who again?' he asked with a cocked eyebrow, 'jog my memory Melody because I seem to think it was you?'

Melody was at a lost for words she merely stuttered at him shocked by his brazenness, 'I'll see you tonight,' he winked walking away leaving her stood their shocked.