60"

1st September 1992

1st September 1992

"Viola! We're going to miss the train!" Remus yelled up the stairs to his daughter who was probably just lounging around.

"Calm down dad I right here" she snickered from behind Remus. Sure enough she was sat right behind him on the armchair raising an amused eyebrow.

Rosaleé laughed as she made her way towards Remus kissing him on the cheek.

"It's not funny" Remus rolled his eyes

"It is a little bit rem" Rosa replied "vi have you got all your things? You're wand? Aunt Gerogine would be fuming if you lost the one she bought you" Rosaleé said fixing her hair in the mirror.

"Aunt Georgines in France so she wouldn't know" Viola challenged mischievously

"Oh honey, Gerogine, Emilie and Cecile know everything"

"Auntie Georgines clueless" Viola laughed

"I'll tell her that" Rosa quirked

"No! I didn't mean it!"

"I can't deal with the two of you" Remus sighed "come on, we're going otherwise you'll be late"

The Lupin family apparated onto the platform. It was bustling as wizarding families all said goodbye to their children and made sure they got on the train carefully. Spotting Neville and his grandmother, Rosaleé, Remus and Viola made their way over.

"Nev!" She squealed bringing him into a large hug which he happily returned.

Rosaleé loved watching Viola and Neville. They reminder her of her and Peter. She missed them all so much after all these years. But today was a happy occasion.

The train whistled letting the student know that it was leaving any moment and Viola hugged her parents tightly.

"I love you" she smiled excitedly practically bouncing up and down.

"We love you too vi" Remus smiled squeezing his daughter.

"Go fuck em up Vi" Rosaleé smiled

"Rosa!"

"Fineee, sorry. I meant have a good time, we love you and we'll see you at Christmas" she said joining the hug.

Releasing their daughter they watched her pick up her trunk and skip alongside Neville as they bored the train.
Rosaleé smiled softly to herself as she turned to Remus who's eyes seemed a little glossy.

"Rem are you crying?" Rosaleé asked slightly amused

"Erm... no?"

"Hah you are" Rosa laughed "come here"she said pulling him into a hug as they watched their daughter start her adventure.

As they watched their daughter run off down the train they were happy. It was such a bitter sweet moment.

But now Viola would have her own adventures and memories awaiting her and Remus and Rosaleé could only reflect on their time at school. The friends they made. The laughs they had.

If they knew anything, it was that they were so so lucky to have found each other and been able to grow old together as many could not.

———————————————————————————
A/N

Vi <33333