when you got in an accident while she's streaming

Imagine Request by : ItsJustMeLia       

“― I'm sorry if I'm not, um... focused much, guys.” Rae's quivering voice tried to explain, only sparking more worry to her viewers. Her hesitant smile and bothered expression only made the apology worse.

To be honest, her felt sick. Not because of her horribly game in Among Us, but because she had this weird feeling in her stomach ever since you left. Her mind suddenly went blank the more she plays the game and continues the stream and she doesn't know why.

Maybe she just misses you?

Yeah...

Maybe that was the reason.

“I― uh... think I'm sick. I dunno, my―... my insides feel weird. Is this normal?” The brunette tried to joke at the last part, yet the same as always, her viewers asking what was really the problem.

If only she could answer that, then she would do it instantly. But until that feeling was gone, she chose to ignore the questions and mentally tell herself to just focus on the game.

The last thing she wanted is to embarrass herself in front of thousands of people.

She jumped and laughed to herself when someone reported a body. “Who died?” She was the first to ask, this game just made the feeling worse.

She rubbed her hands together, seeking for warmth since her hands decided to be cold and sweaty. She didn't know why she was feeling so anxious and unfocused, to the point where she barely even joined the conversation. It was like she was in a different place― away from reality.

“Rae? Where were you last―”

Toast was cut off with a loud bang, making Rae stop whatever she was doing or thinking before cautiously removing her headphones. The crash wasn't that loud but enough for her and the others to hear.

“Hold on...” Rae managed to whisper before standing up from her gaming chair towards the windows where she opened the curtains only for her heart to drop on the pit of her stomach.

She saw hundreds of people, scattering around while screaming and crying. She saw smoke... lots of it and she even caught the flames with it.

She quickly looks back and immediately went for her phone, dialing your number and biting her lip in anticipation. She prayed to God that you weren't in the horrific situation, and the smile was instantly wiped away when you answered the call, since she can hear the screaming and crisps from the fire in the background.

“R-Rachel...?” You moaned in pain, biting your lip to suppress a scream when a metal pierced deeper in your thigh. You already worried her― since you called her by her name and not the nickname you gave her ―so you didn't want to add more of that.

But what you didn't know is that she already felt it ever since you had left.

“Baby... w-why did you c-call?” You didn't want to mess up the second time and tried to ask a different question. But since there were a lot of quivering as you asked that, it made Rae mad.

“Why did I call?! I'm worried that my girlfriend is in that crash!” The brunette opened the glass door and went out the patio. Her hands griped the railing tightly, her eyes stinging and waiting for the tears to come out.

“S-Sorry... baby― I didn't n-notice... it... Gale... and I w-were arguing... and... the truck―” The explanation alone is what made her have a silent breakdown. Her legs gave out and she sat on the cold tiled floor, watching the flames grow bigger and bigger while sirens are finally heard.

“―I'm so glad... I-I still kissed you g-goodbye― when I left...” You felt yourself drift in and out of consciousness, your eyes closing shut and hearing your voice go lower and lower made Rae call out for you repeatedly.

“I love you... Rachel Hofstetter.” Your eyes rolled at the back of your head before the call ended.

Now that broke her heart.

Ignoring the calls of her friends and her stream, she rushed to grab her jacket and went out the yard and towards the crash site. While people are either recording, fleeing or crying― the brunette sprinted past all of them and neared the familiar Honda.

Your Honda.

Rae sucked in a sharp breath, hands shakily on her mouth before she was forced back by the police.

The car was flipped and smashed, but she can still see you. Blushed gushed out of your head with your eyes rolled back. She can also see Gale― who was in the same situation as you did, only yours is worse when your body is nearly crushed.

“(NAME)!!”

“― So that's what happened.” You mumbled, eyes slowly closing as you tried to recall the events the brunette told you.

Nothing...

“I'm sorry if I can't remember...” A single tear fell down your cheeks and even more came when she hugged you, telling you that nothing was your fault. But you still couldn't help hut feel bad. If you didn't argue with your other friend, Gale― then you could've noticed the speeding truck. You wouldn't be in a hospital and you wouldn't be torturing her.

“I'm so sorry―!” You sobbed in her shirt.

“I told you― None of it was your fault. It just happened at the wrong time...” Even she was crying, and guilt swelled your heart when you hear her breaking.

“Just recover and remember. But I'll be here― I always will be, (Name).” She pulled away and caressed your cheeks, wiping away the tears with her thumbs. You managed to smile before bringing her in yet another comforting hug.

“Thank you― Rachel.” You snuggled deeper as you thanked the woman who had a smile as well.

And despite not remembering her as well, you still find the comfort in her hugs.

𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖊━━ this was a bit too depressing― memory loss or amnesia. Oof.

Poor Rae, I feel bad, shit.

I have not words...

So I'll ask this instead― How was it?

01.19.2021
𝔫𝔬𝔱 𝔢𝔡𝔦𝔱𝔢𝔡