road trips

a/n: this chapter is going to skip around a lot. a skip in the text means time has passed.

"okay, do you have everything?" i double checked alex while looking in my bag at the same time. we were on our way to surprise karl. we had told him that we couldn't make it, but mr. beast and everyone else knew we were going to be there. 

"yeah, do you?" alex says. i can tell he's excited, even when we were just discussing it he can't help but giggle. it's adorable, and i can't help smile at it. 

"yep, let's go." i grab the keys. we had a long, long drive ahead of us. we didn't want to fly with our streaming/camera stuff and we genuinely thought a road trip would be fun. 

even though it was 34 hours.

we hadn't really made any plans for hotels or stopping, but we definitely weren't driving straight for that long. i was going to drive for the first few hours, alex and i were going to go back and forth.

"let's fucking rock, bitch." i say as we both got into the car. i plugged in my phone to the aux, shuffling the playlist i made for road trips. 

"LETS GO!" alex claps, getting ready for the music. 

alex fell asleep twenty minutes into the car ride.

i lowered the volume for him a bit, stealing small glances whenever i was at a red light. his hand was pressed against his face and his hat had slid off. 

i sang along quietly to lo que siento, smiling to myself. even though he was sound asleep, i really enjoyed spending time with alex. i found it a lot easier to be honest with myself and how i was feeling, even though i didn't know what the hell they were sometimes.

alex woke up right before we crossed the border into america, which was good because that meant i didn't have to wake him up. we went through everything fine, which was surprising because alex said literally anything that came to mind when he was tired.

the first thing i did was find a dunkin donuts for coffee, since i was getting a bit tired. i got a large, getting alex a six pack of donuts because i knew he would eat them all in the next few hours. 

i grimaced at the taste. "how is that whenever i go here and get the same thing, the coffee tastes different every time?"

"bro, what?" alex laughs. 

"i said what i said."

"oh my god, I LOVE THIS SONG!" alex screams as everybody talks comes on.

"hey baby won't you look my way i can be your new addiction!" i sing the lyrics, motioning for him to sing the next part. we go back and forth until the chorus comes, then we scream together.

"IT STARTED WITH A WHISPER!!!"

we sang on the top of our lungs, until the next song came on. i was prepared for anything, since the playlist went from big time rush, to abba, to paramore, to one direction, to all time low, to the killers.

"is this justin timberlake?!" alex yelled.

"CAUSE I DON'T WANT TO LOOSE YOU NOW!" i turn to him, basically answering his question.

"I'M LOOKING RIGHT AT THE OTHER HALF OF ME!" he sings back. 

the two of them were almost stuck in the moment with each other. neither of them wanted to be anywhere else in the world, with anyone else in the world. they were too stuck in the thought of being with the other to imagine anything else.

reyna was the only thing that made alex feel the way he did. her being who she is, her simply living was enough to make him smile. he felt like a hopeless romantic whenever he thought of her.

looking at her, he almost fell into pieces. the windows were rolled down and her hair was pulled back in a sloppy looking bun, the wind lightly pushing the loose strands back. her eyes were lighter in the sunlight and she had a huge smile as she sang along.

alex wondered what it would be like to kiss reyna. he figured she'd taste faintly off caramel coffee, maybe even the mango chap stick she had put on hours ago. reyna frequently used everything that alex had bought her when she first moved in, including the make up. alex noticed that she still wore the hoodie he gave her, even though she had her own now. 

reyna thought alex was ethereal. she also thought that he was an idiot, but somehow they mixed well together.

reyna had moments when she had to pinch herself to make sure she wasn't dreaming. seeing alex with the sun directly on his skin, eyes crinkled from smiling and a small trace of strawberry frosting on his cheek was one of those moments.

sometimes reyna would have to fight the urge to grab him by the face and kiss him until her lips went numb, something she would never admit out loud. she wasn't embarrassed of alex, she was embarrassed of how easily he took over her thoughts and her feelings.

reyna had never felt this way for anyone and quiet frankly didn't believe she could. reyna didn't think that she was unlovable, she just didn't think love was real.

but she couldn't admit that to anyone whenever she looked at alex.

it wasn't hard to notice that they were in love. alex had told himself that he wouldn't fall for her, but a week later he was ranting about her to karl for hours. whenever he talked about her, his eyes would dance a certain way, the tip of his nose would turn pink, and he would say the most specific things.

reyna didn't have many people to talk to about her romantic feelings, but she did have someone who was really good with that. 

wilbur became sort of a wing man for reyna, reassuring her that the things she was feeling was okay and that she didn't have to act on them if she didn't want to, but that's were the problem lied.

she did want to, she just didn't know how.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1MpfhTE1pGcwYxGtZoT4Qu

PLAYLIST IS CALLED 'ROADTRIP' BY NICOLELMAO ON SPOTIFY

IF YOU SEE ANY OTHER FANFICTION PLAYLISTS ON THAT PROFILE 

;)))))))))))