𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚 || 𝚞𝚊

• * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • *

The small lamp on your nightstand flickered in the dark as you read over your UA acceptance letter for the third time since you got it.

'(y/n) Midoriya. Quirk: Element.'

A knock sounded on your door and you threw the letter to the side. Quickly, you turned off the light and turned onto your side, facing the wall.

"(y/n)?" Your mother's voice was in a whisper, checking if you were still awake.

When she was met with silence she sighed and shut the door behind her as she left the room.

She probably came to tell you about Izuku's acceptance into UA. He got his letter today and was beyond excited. He's been so busy that he hasn't said a word to you the whole break. You didn't even know he went through with taking the exam. But even though he hasn't spoken to you in months, you were still proud of your brother for getting in without a quirk.

• * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • *

Today's the first day of school and Izuku already left you at home while he went to class early. "Why didn't you wake me up, mom? I'm going to be late!"

"I told Izuku to wake you up..." she said, handing you your bag while you straightened out your uniform.

You grabbed a piece of toast and stuffed it into your mouth while you struggled to fix your hair so it didn't look like you just woke up. "I'm gonna go now. I'll see you after school." She sighed when you ran out the door, forgetting to grab your phone on the way out.

The last few students were walking into class 1-A when you got there. You ran inside, happy that you weren't late, but that happiness soon faded into shock as you crashed into a tall body before almost falling backward.

A pair of arms encircled your waist before you could stumble to the floor. You looked up, eyes widening at the blank expression you were met with. "Are you okay?"

"O-oh, yeah I'm fine. Sorry for that. I wasn't paying attention to where I was going." You pulled away from the dual-haired boy and stuck out your hand. "I'm (y/n) midoriya."

A smile almost graced your face as he grabbed your hand. "Shouto Todoroki."

It looked like he was about to say something else, but he was interrupted by another voice behind you. "Hey! (y/n), you're in 1-A too? Why didn't you say anything?"

You turned towards the sound of your brother and looked at him in confusion. Since when was he talking to me again?

"You never asked," you said with a frown.

He stumbled at your words and the smile dropped from his face. "I was-"

"If you're just here to make friends then you can pack up your stuff now."

You turned to the door behind you and jumped at the sight of a man in a yellow sleeping bag lying on the ground of the hallway. Is that supposed to be your teacher..? You didn't even realize he'd been talking to the class when he pulled out a uniform from his sleeping bag and told everyone to head outside.