Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

1 month later...

"Drink! Drink! Drink!"  

Standing on top of the counter, a very drunk Luke tipped his head back and began glugging down the entire bottle of Smirnoff. The bass thumped right through me, making my ears buzz because of the alcohol I'd had. The room was dark, disco lights flashing on every wall and across the dance floor. Some dance tune without a singer was playing, making me want to shake my hips.  

I'd had a little to drink. Well, a little more to drink so that explained why I was a little oh-so tipsy and falling in my black heels. It was Luke eighteenth, for God's sake, and I was completely surrounded by sixth-form kids, getting far more wasted than me.  

"Drink! Drink!" Everyone continued to chant, surrounding the counter like bees. Luke finished the bottle, sticking his tongue out at everyone, making them cheer and clap. He jumped off the work surface, leaving the bottle on the side. He grabbed his girlfriend's waist, who was also giddy with alcohol and the two started to dance.  

"Woo! Go for it Luke!" I shouted, though I wasn't sure why. Everyone started to dance again, finding the first person in sight to sway to the music with. I looked around, feeling my head spin a little when a-slightly sober Will came over, his brown eyes shining brightly as he looked at me in my little black dress. This was the first party we'd had since I'd stayed at the house. We'd thought that because it was Luke's eighteenth, we should throw a party for all his school-friends. Everything had gone to plan so far. Despite the drinking, not a lot had broken. We had two rules: no hook-ups and mostly definitely no drugs. Even though at around eleven, Luke and a couple of mates went outside for a quick fag.  

Luckily, Will and Seb had been too busy to notice. I wondered how Luke had managed to keep his smoking addict so quiet.  

"Let's go upstairs," I shouted to Will over the music. I grabbed him by the collar, pulling him forwards through the crowd. I didn't really know what I was doing. I just felt like I wanted Will all to myself. A couple of girls had already tried to hit on him, the same with me except with boys. But we'd both made it perfectly clear to them - by dancing incredibly close the entire night - that we were a thing. Not quite boyfriend and girlfriend but a thing. 

We came to the stairs, and helping each other, we stumbled to Will's bedroom. Will flicked the light on. We both fell to the bed on top of one another, laughing. 

"Oh my god," I breathed, like I'd just run a marathon. "This party is so much fun."  

"I know." Will giggled like a little schoolboy. He came on top of me and gave me a kiss on the nose, making me wriggle and laugh hysterically. 

"You're really pretty," I told him, staring at him in the eyes.  

"Why thank-you." Will grinned. "You're really, really handsome." I cracked up laughing, grinning like hell. We kissed again, a sloppy, drunken kiss.  

"You taste awesome."  

"So do you." 

"I want you."  

"I want you too."  

After that, I wasn't really sure what happened.

* * * * * * *

The next morning I woke up with the most throbbing headache. I found myself in Will's bed, with just my bra and panties on. Will lay beside me, only wearing his boxers. I rubbed my ears, stretching and yawning. What on earth happened last night? Beside me, Will began to stir. His eyelids fluttered open. He smiled when he saw me, then confusion hitting his face when he saw me without my black dress on.