< HOW THIS WORKS +RULES >

[UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE: If you want me to edit your story, I will only be taking works that are 1-3 chapters that are relatively short. While the queue says 1 slot, I'm willing to take yours in if it's short.]

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ 1 ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

One of the most important rules for me is respect. Please be respectful. I will not tolerate harassment or nasty people. I won't hesitate to block you the minute I get any rude comments.

If you're blocked, please do not try to contact me through an alt account.

This also goes out for creeps. Don't have to explain this.

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ 2 ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

I expect you to be very clear as to what you want edited. The more specific the better. As I've said in my disclaimer, I'm very new at this. Since I don't want to ruin your whole work, you're more than welcome to send in a small sample of your work for me to edit. Whether it be a page or a paragraph, it's up to you.

If you feel satisfied with the editing, let me know and I'll get to work!

What we could also do is what I would call co-editing. I take a look through the chapter you want me to edit and I make notes through Google Docs. That way, we can discuss how to make certain aspects better and there isn't the risk of taking away your unique writing voice. This is in case you prefer the mistakes be pointed out in a private manner rather than the comments.

This also goes for those who want a critique. If you want me to continue going through the rest of the book, please tell me. You can also indicate what you want me to focus on critiquing as well.

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ 3 ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

Please be patient. The time it takes me to edit/ critique will all be dependent on the number of chapters you want me to do and how long they are. Keep in mind, I have my own projects to work on and I have a life outside of Wattpad. I'll indicate whether or not a chapter is done by voting on your story 😉

You're more than welcome to set a deadline.

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ 4 ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

There will be a queue. Please respect it. I'll be in contact with you if anything arises that might delay things. You can reach out if you haven't heard from me in a week or so.

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ 5 ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

The way the editing will be done depends on what's comfortable for you.  Not everyone is comfortable sending a stranger their hard work. Here are a few suggestions:

- Google docs: You can send over a google document with the chapter. I find that a great way to edit would be giving me the power to only make suggestions. That way, I can highlight and type in my corrections on the document and you can choose whether or not to accept that suggestion.

- Wattpad: I can make notes through the comments.

- There is also a mashup of these two where I can check out the chapter through wattpad and make my notes on a Google doc that I'll send you.

Either way that works for you is fine. Please let me know if you'd like for me to continue after the trial. If not, no hard feelings!

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ 6 ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

REQUESTS I WON'T TAKE

- Smut

- Furries

- Anything messed up such as fetishes, SA, school shootings...list goes on.

- Poems (Not great at poetry)

* (I would like to note that I'm fine with content containing gore or violence (think a fistfight, a shooting scene between two rival gangs, the sort of stuff you'd see in an action movie).

The moment I see any of the content mentioned above, you will be blacklisted and swiftly blocked.

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ 7 ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

Things I can help with:

- Grammar (mostly spelling)

- Sentence Structure (fixing run on sentences or anything that might sound off).

- Clarity in your writing

- Critiques

- Catching plot-holes or inconsistencies

- I would like to note that I lean more into fantasy, thriller, mystery and action (they're my thing 😌). I'm more than willing to try and check anything out of those genres, but I must warn you that I fear the critique/ edits won't be that great.

But it all depends if it's enough in your perspective ^-^

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ 8 ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

Pass: Jumanji

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ 9 ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

I would like to stress the importance of communication. The more notes I have on the issues you want fixed, the better!

Also, it's completely alright if you want to drop me as your editor. All I ask is for you to let me know ASAP.

As I said before, I will start off with a small trial run so that you can see my work. You can also check out my ongoing story 'Hemlock'. I believe it best represents my writing (I also edited all the chapters).

There is no payment involved.