thirty nine

*song only necessary for the 3rd half*

[ June ]

Evie's view:

I stood at the stove focusing on flipping a pancake to finish off the stack I had already made and set aside on a large plate.

All the girls were still asleep but it was about to be nine thirty so I knew one of them was bound to wake up, followed by the rest one by one.

I finished making the last pancake and turned the stove off. Then moved to go set the dining table for breakfast.

We had moved everything that wasn't already in the house, during the beginning of June.

Addie already knew I was moving out soon so she and Hannah worked out the living situation ahead of time since our lease was up in May.

Now we were kicking off the summer with sleeping in, staying up a little late and enjoying our new home.

My night terrors had also gotten a little better. So far I haven't had one since I've been having better sleeping patterns. But Valentina was still convinced I needed to attend therapy.

As for the girls, they loved their new rooms—Sophia especially. Valentina was able to get a hold of some old photos of Sophia and her adoptive mother when we went to go pick Sophia's things.

She was a beautiful woman and you could tell just by the photos that Sophia really enjoyed her company.

Sophia kept the photos on her dresser in a safe place, framed and untouched so she could look at them anytime she wanted.

Meanwhile, I have been wanting to snoop around myself to look for photos of Yolei.

Now that I was stepping into the role of motherhood and being a wife, I felt it was my responsibility to keep her legacy alive.

She's an important part of our story and I believe deep down she might of had something to do with how Valentina and I met.

"Good morning!" I was greeted cheerfully by Nani who came downstairs with messy hair.

"Good morning pumpkin," I chuckled combing her hair out of her face. "There's breakfast at the dining table, do you need me to help you make your plate?"

"No. I can do it!" Nani said with a toothless smile.

Our sweet 6 year old had lost her first tooth last week and our other 6 year old wasn't too thrilled about not losing hers too. Vivi was jealous of Nani getting visited by the tooth fairy but luckily with just one serving of chocolate ice cream, Vivi had completely forgotten about the whole thing.

I washed the pans and other cooking utensils I used while Nani served herself in the other room.

As I set the last pan down in drying rack, I felt a tug on my pajama pants and looked down to see Vivi by my side wearing similar pjs to Nani.

"Good morning, sweet pea. Are you hungry?" I asked picking Vivi up.

She nodded her head holding Sophia's stuffed bear. I smiled glancing at it in her arms and walked over to the dining room where Nani was already going wild with the syrup.

"That's enough Nani," I chuckled taking the syrup from her and moving it away from where she was sitting. "Do you want some pancakes and fruit?" I asked Vivi sitting her down in the chair next to her twin.

I helped Vivi serve herself since she was still half asleep and kissed both of the girls heads before letting them know I was going upstairs real quick.

Normally when Vivi got a hold of Sophia's teddy bear it meant that she snuck into her sister's room during the middle of the night. Since the move we've already made Sophia aware of Vivi's ASD and how to approach her.