Yes He was My Friend #10

“How long has it been since you have seen each other.” Usher sat up. “Amazingly it’s been five years.” I answered feeling more comfortable. “Wow thats a long time.” Sean sat back and spread his legs. “So how did you both meet again?” Justin coughed, “Lexie was at my concert she was in the front row and so on from there.” Usher and Sean nodded. “Sweet.” 

I felt my stomach gargle. Oh please no, not right now. I let out the biggest belch and it echoed around the whole deck. I felt everyones eyes look at me. I laughed, “Um…Sorry. Better out than in they always say.” Laughs echoed around. “Nice one Lexie.” Justin was laughing. 

After a wile longer of chatting and laughing. I Justin looked at me and smiled, “You wanna Dance?” I nodded. He held his hand out and I took it.

“First Dance Feat. Usher” was playing and it was so sweet. We were in the back of the deck under the speaker. Our hands were intertwined and we were rocking back and forth. He spun me a few time and danced in circles. I wrapped my hands around his neck and he rested his hands on my waist. He smiling and breathing softly on my face. It felt like old times, but we are better at dancing this time. 

I remember It was the 5th grade dance and nobody had asked me and right before the dance we decided we would go together. At the dance we boogied and danced and then I remember that was my first slow dance, but I remember we never got as close as we were now.

The song ended, he twirled me one last time and brought me into a hug. He leaned out staring at me. The memory was coming back. He leaned in towards me and I was leaning in towards him. Our lips centimeters away. 

“Justin there you are.” Sean was standing at the door. I let go of Justin at the same time as he did. He cleared his throat, “Um ya, what is it.” Sean was looking back and forth between use and smiled, “Sorry if I interrupted something.” I felt my cheeks burn up into a blush and so did Justin’s, “But there is someone here for you.” Justin flipped his hair, “Who?” 

Caitlin Beadles Rounded the corner, I took a deep breath and kept smiling, “Hi Justin.” Justin smiled and took her in a hug, “What are you doing here.” Caitlin hugged back, 

“Well I was around here with my cheer team and I heard you were in town.” 

“Aw well you found me.” He looked up and looked at me starring at them, “Oh!” He turned to Me, “Lexie, Caitlin… Caitlin, Lexie.” I smiled and raised my eyebrows. “Hey.” I managed to bark out. Caitlin nodded and then turned to Justin who was starring at me, ‘

“Well how about you show me around this amazing house.” She clapped her hands together, Justin looked at her. The perfect time for my exit. I backed up slowly walking behind the bush following the rocky path. I looked through the bush in time to see Justin turn and see I wasn’t there, He looked around him as Caitlin pulled him away. The good part was he had a not so happy expression on his face so that means he didn’t want me to leave.

I followed the path through the tree, passing people on my way saying hi and smiling. Although smiling is the least I want to do. I have known Justin since I was born and as I left for five years he made new friends and a new life and forgot all about the past I know him better than everyone here. I mean I’ve known Ryan (His guy best friend) since we were in first grade.

Hell, this is so annoying, but what did I expect…for this to just fall back into place I don’t think so. 

The woods parting and becoming a big field. Wow Sean has a huge house. I walked through the last of the tree’s into a big meadow with flowers and big pond in the middle. I walked over dragging my feet. There was a bench facing the water, it was old and faded, but sturdy. I sat down, bringing my knees up to my chest, looking out at the water. 

I dost off for a little bit listening to the sound of the birds chirping and the water moving with the wind. Adding to the sounds I heard a crunch like someone munching on potato chips  in a quit movie theater. Looking up I saw someone standing in front of me, “I have have been looking for you.” Justin sat down next to me. I sat up rubbing my eyes,

“Aw well you found me.” He chuckled looking out at the water, “Sorry about that I had no idea Caitlin would be here.” I yawned and fixed my necklace,

“At least you got to see her.” He leaned back resting his hands in his lap. I tilted my head to the now very dark sky. “Yah well it your night. I haven’t seen you in much longer.” He wrapped his arm around my shoulder, “Do you have a jacket?” I felt around my seat, 

“I do, but it’s exactly here right now I think its in my backpack thats in your limo.” He leans forward puling his leather jacket off. “Here wear mine.” I take it out of his hands and stands up sticking my arms in the holes, “Oh thanks. Much better.” He stands up, 

“So what exactly were you doing out here.” I looked around, “Um well I was thinking and…sleeping, I guess.” I shrugged He grabbed my arm brought me behind him. “Sounds relaxing, here jump on just like old times.” 

I looked around to his face, “Really?” He nodded, “Hope on.” I hoped on and he lifted me like I was a feather, “Wow you really light Lexie.” I laughed and wrapped my arms  around his shoulders resting head down. 

After a while of walking and talking, we can see the lights of the fire in the little camp fire thing. “Justin are you sure you dont want to put me down.” He shakes his head, “Lexie you are lighter than my backpack I haven’t broken a sweat and you being on my back is like I have a coat on.” I nodded on his shoulder hugging him tighter.

We turned the corner and caught the eye of everyone sitting here. We heard someone scream bear and another whistle. I blushed and hid my head in his jacket.

I screamed so loud when I felled someone pinch my sides and grabbed me. I was on the ground being tickled to death by Sean and Justin. “Ahh No stop it!” I was laughing so hard. “It Tickles and hurts.” They were laughing. Then they stopped standing up. I spread out in an x, “that is not nice.” Justin took my hand and pulled me up. I stretched up and sideway, then forward. Justin walked over to his friends me still in his hand so I followed. 

“Touchy, Touchy.” Kingston cracked up, “Lexie!” I looked over to where Maddie was sitting with a stick in her hand, smore in her other. I let go of Justin walking over to her, “Yummy.” I grabbed it from her outreached hand and took a big bite, “Justin she’s just your type, smart, funny, cute and a big appetite.” I heard the whisper from across the fire place. I coughed and the person shut up. 

No one was talking we were all just looking around the circle. By now there was Usher, Drake, Ludacris, P!nk, Soulja Boy, Iyaz, Sean, Me, Justin and Maddie. I feel sad because there’s only three girls left.

I stood up, “What a quiet bunch, I’m gonna go get a soda.” I stepped over Maddie and walked through the living room into the kitchen. I turned to find Maddie on my heals, “So, What happened.” I opened the coolers and picking out a ice tea, 

“What do you mean?” She crossed hers am gave me the hip to one side stance… “Ok fine, I’ll tell you.” She clapped her hands together, “Yay! Make sure to start fromt he beginning. I nodded sitting on the counter Maddie next to me, I tolde her all that happened, about the jacket and him holding my hand and the piggy back ride,