Chapter 6

Dedicated to the lovely @lightbulbluke bc she makes my heart melt aw thank you to all the people who commented suck my richard lol we should play this game again haha ily all x 

__

We're sat inside of Ashton's jeep, that's parked in front of my house.

According to him, it was a miracle that his eleven year old brother took a long nap and his parents were late from work. For some reason, he's not proud of the family he has, and that saddens me, mostly because I feel the same way about mine. I feel like your family is supposed to be something good; not a burden. And here we are, both trying not to mention much about our home life.

We arrived ten minutes ago, after I fucked up some directions to try to get more time with him.

It's been a long time since I've last felt the need to be close to someone. It has only happened with my closest friends and some family members. I don't see it as something bad or to worry about. To be completely honest, I like it.

I spend most of my time avoiding contact with new people. I know how hard it is to get close to someone and then watch as we become strangers again. But I missed the feeling of knowing someone for the first time. To discover every little thing about them and learning with it.

And Ashton has a lot to teach. He's still a kid, obviously, but I just feel so comfortable in his presence. Just to think that this morning I wanted to never see him again, shows how wrong we can be when we use a first impression to judge somebody's whole self.

I like Ashton. He is a good person. And I want to keep him around, this is, if he doesn't try to run away from me first.

I've kept him occupied with telling me about one of his favourite bands, since one of their songs came on the mixtape.

My friends are waiting for me inside of the house and I want to get in and spend time with them, but I don't want to leave Ashton. He's looking like an excited child, giggling and telling me the story of the first time he's attended a real concert.

I smile. I've never been to one but I bet it's amazing.

"Hey, Ashton?" I ask quietly when he stops talking.

He nods and I wonder what the hell I'm about to do. "Do you want to come inside?" I bite the inside of my cheek as I wait for him to say yes.

Or no.

"I uh..." he gulps. "Isn't it supposed to be just you? Your group of friends, I mean." he asks, hesitantly.

"Well, you're my friend as well." I smile before continuing, "And nothing special happens in there, trust me."

He furrows his eyebrows, smiling a little. "What happens in there?"

I let out a rather loud laugh. We're such boring people; we just sit and watch movies.

"Well, it all depends on who's choosing the movie." I inform him. "If it's Sam, then we have to watch 007; Nicole always goes for a boring drama, and Audrey chooses a comedy film we hopefully haven't watched yet."

He nods, "Is it just the four of you?"

I shake my head, thinking about Tristan. There's a chance he'll be there, but I'm not certain. "Tristan sometimes comes too." I smile. "He's a superhero movies kind of guy."

Ashton chuckles, "I hope he's there to choose the movie, then." he unclasps the seatbelt before speaking again "Don't you ever choose the movie?" he questions.

"They don't allow me to." I admit, hiding my smile. "I don't like to just go through dozens of films and pick one. So I make us all have a marathon of FRIENDS instead."