𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞

I woke up as the ray of light shone on my face. I yawned and try to shake my head to lose my sleepiness.

"My lady!" The housemaid hurriedly ran and opened the shoji "Your father wishes to see you in his presence." the housemaid panted, as I heard her words. I feel infuriated by a sudden call, it's early in the morning and my father wishes to see me at this instant.

The housemaid helped me put on my kimono, she brushed my hair and put some hair sticks and pins. Minutes after helping me dress, I wore my zori sandals. I hurriedly went to the main house where my father was. As the only daughter of the family, I was harshly treated by the elders of the family and relocated my room somewhere far from the main house. They give me harsh training every single day and always spit words out of their mouths: "She can't keep up with a man." It was a challenge for me, but just because it was difficult doesn't mean I have to give up. I despise men belittling women for how they labeled them 'weak'. The elders could not just accept how a woman overpassedthe challlenges made only for men.

My father is a prideful and strict man, he wouldn't let me step outside without a permission, even if i do ask for a permission the answer I would get is a 'no', he is the fourth head of the Sakurai Clan.

I arrive on time and patiently waited for my father's command to let me inside the main room.

As my gaze averted to the household maidservants I wondered: Will there be an occasion? All the household maids are lately busy, they cleaned the columns with much more effort than before. Will there be visitors?

"Y/n, come in" Father's voice echoed in the room, I open the Shoji slowly "You wished for my presence father?" I bowed.

"Tonight there will be a banquet, I want you to look more presentable. As my old friend will visit with his eldest son" He added, "Father for I am not being rude to ask, who is this old friend you are talking about?" I questioned.

He looked at me with a sharp gazed and sighed "An old friend of mine is a head of the Hyakken clan, his name is Hyakken Banri and needless to say I don't want you to ruin his expectations for you. Do you understand?"

"I willl do my best father." As our short conversation ended, I left the main room and went to the old pond behind the backyard and watch the Koi fish swimming at the pond.

Minutes later while spending my time watching the Koi fish, I heard the household maids talking.

"Have you heard the news?"

"About what?"

"Some townspeople at the border are disappearing."

"It only happens late at night."

"My relative told me the body of the deceased they discovered was rotten like an apple's core."

"That's so scary."

As I accidentally heard her gossip one thing would come up to my mind it was a cursed spirit's doing, only the family members in the specific clan get to know about the cursed spirits, at a young age they were trained by the elders on how to use cursed energy and taught them how to face a cursed spirit if ever they cross one. People who have small energy left in their bodies, most nobles would do anything to have them and mark them as their new family members. Having a jujutsu sorcerer in the family is considered a good luck, to protect the rest of the family from evil.