22

EDDIE'S POV

You have got to be kidding me.

I couldn't even speak, I turned my phone towards Richie.

It was a picture of a news channel that Beverly sent me.

EDDIE KASPBRAK, 18, MISSING FROM HIS HOME IN DERRY, MAINE.

With a large picture of my face on the screen. "Didn't she read my note? I'm not missing." I was getting angry.

I scrolled through a news article about me 'vanishing' from my home with all of my belongings gone with me. Isn't it obvious I left by choice?

"What should I do? Do you think I should call her?" I nervously asked. "No. I think you should call this fucking news channel. You are an adult, explain this to them and that's that." Richie wisely said. "You shouldn't have to be in contact with a woman you don't want to talk to." Richie explained.

I sighed and looked down. Richie got situated in the driver's seat and started the engine. "But right now, we have an apartment to look at." Richie smiled and kissed my cheek. My spirits immediatly rised.

~

We walked hand in hand to the entrancee of the apartment. "Which number room is it?" Richie asked me. "Room twenty-eight." We navigated our way through the building.

We located room twenty-eight and Richie softly knocked on the light brown door.

An older woman with a large smile and big round glasses opened the door. "Hi! We saw that you were going to rent out you apartment and we were wondering if we could check it out?" Richie asked in a confident voice.

I always notice the way Richie talked to people that aren't his friends. He has a polite smile and a confident voice. Like he's a buisness man. But, with messy hair, broken glasses, and a dorky hawaiian shirt.

She opened the door wide enough for us to walk in.

"It isn't huge, but I think it'd be enough space for you two." She kindly said. "I'm Martha by the way." She introduced herself. "I'm Richie and this is my boyfriend, Eddie." Richie said. I smiled at the fact Richie is comfortable enough to call me his boyfriend in front of people he doesn't know.

We examined the kitchen. White and tan kitchen appliances, there was a half wall that seperated the kitchen from the living room and there were barstools for seating.

"There isn't much space for a dining room table, so I hope this barstool setup is good enough." She nervously said. "I think it's perfect." I whispered.

We strolled to the living room. A gray couch, a small table with a TV resting on top. There was a bookshelf that was empty and a large plant that sat in the corner.

"There's one bedroom and one bathroom." She pointed at two identical doors sitting right next to each other.

"May we?" Richie asked as he held onto the doorknob. "Go ahead." She said.

The bedroom was fairly large. A bed sat in the center of the room with bedside tables on each side, a large dresser was pressed against the wall, there another large bookshelf, a large window shined natural light through the whole room, and a full body mirror sat in the corner.

Richie turned to me and smiled, I giggled and laid my head on his shoulder. I can see it. I can see us waking up to the sunrise. I can see us falling asleep together. I can see Richie's arms wrap around me while I try to get dressed. I can see our life together start in this aprtment.

"The bathroom isn't extravagant." Martha said as she led us out the bedroom and into the bathroom.

~

"Well, I'll be honest with you boys. No one else has come to claim this apartment, so I'll say that this place is yours." Martha said with a smile. "Really?" I was shocked. Grateful, but shocked. "When do you think we can move in? We're in a small rush." Richie kindly explained. "Tomorrow? My stuff is already out." She said.

Richie looked at me and smiled. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders and hugged him as tight as I could. I can't believe this is really happeing.

"Thank you so much Martha." Richie thanked the woman. "It's my pleasure. I'll see you tomorrow." We waved and walked out the apartment.

We closed the door and stood in a silent shock. "Did that just really happen?" I asked. "Did we just get our first apartment?" I looked up at Richie who was already looking at me.

"We did it Eds."

AN

If you have any tips, advice, or ideas

COMMENT HERE

-GROOVYLADY