Chapter 62: Cato

The wedding is so close and I start to feel anxious. I wish I could see Clove but that would break me, I can't spoil the surprise. I have a feeling, from my suit colors, the theme is dark blue and black. Coin chose my brother as best-man but I don't know if he's even in 13 yet.

"You should head down" my stylist says smiling. I nod and he leads me downstairs. I catch a glimpse of dark blue and black but my stylist turns me around before I can actually see if that is Clove. He walks me down the hall and about 5 minutes of sitting awkwardly in the hallway we head back. I look around excitedly but Clove is no-where near.

"Wedding in 30 minutes!" Coin yells formally "Set up cameras and get ready" she says walking off. I stand on the alter, where they told me to stand and tap my foot impatiently.

"Okay let's start" she says and the camera lights turn on. My breathing shallows and I wait impatiently for Clove to walk down the aisle.

"And 5-4-3-2- go" Coin says and the lights dim even more. Music starts to play softly and the large doors at the end of the aisle open slowly. My jaw drops when I see Clove and she walks slowly with Shyll. He lets her go and I pull her close, against Coin's cues.

"We are gathered here" I start zoning out and watch Clove as she looks around nervously. She smiles and I look at her excitedly, still in disbelief. We're getting married! I feel like screaming with joy but that would be 'rude'.

"Well do you?" I hear the sermon leader ask a little forcefully. He looks at me expectantly and smiles, as if to say 'I have 4 more wedding hurry up' but I know there are rarely weddings in 13.

"I do and I will more than do" I say smiling wildly, I've been smiling a lot more in the past weeks than I have before. Clove smiles and grabs my hands.

"Then with the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife" he says smiling, but with a twinge of boredom. I kiss Clove gently and my hand instinctively fall to her waist. We must have kissed for minutes because when we separate, Clove and I are out of breath. I try not to show it but I can see her mom watching her intently.

"Okay now we're going to have a dinner in about 10 minutes, sorry for the wait" the man says. Every one disperses and the crew starts to set up tables to eat. I stand with Clove and she leans into my chest.

"I love you" she says, surely, and I kiss her head. She sighs and I see her mom walk over to us slowly. She gives Clove a sort of warning, but encouraging look at she pulls away.

"You guys are married!" her mom says at an almost yell. I laugh lightly and Clove hugs her mom. 

"I guess I'm not your little girl anymore" she says smiling brightly, a real genuine, unbroken smile. Her mom laughs but her face turns to a look of hopeful doubt. She walks off and the tables are finally set up.

We sit in the front and the cooks serve us some steak and vegetables. I eat quickly and watch Clove as she eats, a lot more delicately. When we're done we sit there and hold hands under the table. I watch Clove intently as she looks around nervously. Like she's waiting for someone or something to come.

"You okay?" I ask carefully. She nods but I can tell she's uncertain. She has a look of energetic nervousness that she's normally good at hiding.

"We'll see tonight" she says and her lips curl into a weak smile. I hold her tightly to my side and she lays her head on my shoulder. I sigh loudly and Clove's mom decides on making a speech.

"My little Clove" she starts already tearing up "I love you and I know that you're not my little girl but please don't forget me" she says which sounds kind of random "I know Cato will take amazing care of you and if he doesn't I will personally cut his-".

"Mom stop it!" Clove yells blushing. I smile down at her and she looks away. I laugh lightly and kiss her cheek, she's so cute when she embarrassed.

"You guys are so cute! You're going to make such cute kids" Clove's mom says smiling wildly to both of us. I laugh loudly but Clove's blushing like a cherry.

"Don't worry. We won't too fast if you don't want to" I whispers softly in her ear and kiss her head, again. She sighs back into my chest.

"And now, the cake" three men wheel in a dark blue cake with sparklers on top. I look down at Clove and she's freaking out. I hold her tightly to my side, "Take those sparklers off, right now" I say, not meaning to sound mean, but Clove is going into shock. They rip the sparklers off and they throw them into a bucket of water. Clove sighs loudly and looks around. Everyone's staring at us and I can see why.

"What? She doesn't like fire, got a problem?" I ask angrily. Everyone looks away awkwardly and Clove smiles.

"Now, about the cake?" she says, loudly to lighten the mood. Every one lines up to get cake and we're served the top tier. Each tier turns darker and darker so we get an almost white tier. I scoop some cake for Clove on my fork and she does the same. We intertwine our arms and feed each other, it's a symbol in 2. Everyone digs in, soon the lights start to dim and music starts to play.

"Care to dance?" I ask sweetly and she nods. I lead her to the "dance-floor" and we sway to the music, since we don't know how to actually dance. She leans her head on my chest and I leans into the crook of her neck.

"I love you" I say quietly. We speed up our swaying but don't dare separate. She looks up at me and tries to kiss my cheek. I turn away and she pouts angrily.

"I want a kiss on the lips" I say, holding her firmly to me. She smiles and reach up even further, to my lips. Our lips crash together and my hands slip down to her waist. We hold each other close and I breathe in her scent.

"The wedding service and dinner will be ending soon, please return to your rooms before curfew" Coin says and the lights dim almost completely.

"Mom!" Clove says urgently. Her mom walks over to us and smiles "I left Dagger in your room, you know since-" she stops herself and I laugh lightly. I grab Clove's hand sweetly and escort her to the room.