Lauren Parker

"Shut up and do not say a word!", my dad yelled through the house before leaving it with my mum. He just did his usual things, but I couldn't stand him again. I cried for about 10 minutes now, suddenly I heard the front door opening. My brother came through it , with a girl on his arms, "What happened?"

Two weeks earlier

"I don't care what you are doing anymore, honestly, I never really cared, just get out of my house!", I stood with tears in my eyes in front of my dad. He always said things like that when he was drunk. But now he wasn't.

"I said leave!", I started crying more and ran up to my room. The first minutes I just sat at my bed and cried. I couldn't believe my dad said that. I stood up, took my bag out of the closet and started packing. I packed in two shirts, 2 hoodies, 2 trousers, my comb and some money. I went downstairs and left through the front door, without looking at my dad. I didn't really know where I was going, I was never able to leave the house. My dad didn't wanted that anybody sees him with me. I couldn't even go to school, I had a private teacher.

I walked through the streets and noticed that a lot of people were looking out of their windows, some of them were just laughing, probably because I didn't look like a "rich kid", well, we were in beverly hills, of course you have to look good. I tried to ignore all the people and started walking faster.

After an hour of walking and exploring the area, I found a park. I looked around but saw nobody. There were just a lot of flowers, trees and two seats. I went to that one big tree and sat down in front of it. At first I just watched the birds fying abut me, but after a while I got bored. I forgot to take any books I had with me, so I really had nothing to do.

I thought about what will happen the next few days. I have no friends where I could stay and to be honest I was really afraid to stay at the streets, after all my dad said to me about it. I also never had contact with other people than my dad and my teacher.

I tried to get some sleep, even if I knew it was 3pm. Seemed like if I made it, because the next thing I remembered was, that a man tried to wake me up. I didn't knew him, but he scared me. He seemed drunk and at first I thought it was my dad, but I noticed fast that he wasn't.

I tried to stand up but I couldn't. He was holding my wrist, so hard it already hurted, "Let me go!", I yelled at him but he didn't listen. He just laughed and tried to take my shirt off. At first I tried to escape, but I couldn't. He was too strong.